RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Secure System (Safe Shard)

the-punisher

Wanderer
Secure System (Safe Shard)

I would like to do a system that i can guarantee that my sever will never be stoled... so ill tryed to modify the core to create a COMMAND INSINDE the core that ill type that command and a password so my server automaticly shuts down and only I can open he again...
ill tryed to make a command and compile with the core but didnt work:

Code:
namespace Server.Scripts.Commands
{
	public class CommandHandlers
	{
		public static void Initialize()
		{
			Register( "Securesystem", AccessLevel.Player, new CommandEventHandler( Securesystem_OnCommand ) );
		}

public static void Register( string command, AccessLevel access, CommandEventHandler handler )
		{
			Server.Commands.Register( command, access, handler );
		}

//[Usage( "Securesystem <password>" )]
		//[Description( "Secure Systems" )]
		public static void Securesystem_OnCommand( CommandEventArgs e )
		{
			if ( e.Length == 1 )
			{

if ( e.GetString( 0 ) == "696969" )
					e.Mobile.SendMessage( "Secure System Load and Ready." );// and do something.

else
					e.Mobile.SendMessage( "Wrong command." );
			}
			else
			{
				e.Mobile.SendMessage( "Wrong command." );
			}
		}
	}
}

And there is a way to trow all the scripts INSIDE the core?

Phantom

Knight
No you can't compile the core with all the custom scripts, because you have compile scripts to when you load your world.

Plus the fact modifying the core isn't supported.

the-punisher

Wanderer
Phantom said:
No you't compile the core with all the custom scripts, because you have compile scripts to when you load your world.

Plus the fact modifying the core isn't supported.

Don't be like that about your scripts, you wouldn't have a shard without the default release.

Anyways unless that class is within the core, somebody can just open up the class file and modify it.

Even then they can decompile RunUO and find the custom code. You can't protect your code, so suck it up, and just find somebody honest.

You shouldn't be worried about somebody stealing your work, you can't possibly have anything worth being that lame over, ( talking about somebody who would steal your code ).

You dont know what you are saying... i already have the a non default release core...
Im not saying my shard its so good that someone could steal, but im not taking risk of loosing all my work. Im not doing a OSI LIKE shard, im making an SPHERE LIKE shard, that required a lot of job, to remove things that was not in sphere and implanting things that left to be a Sphere like...
im not asking to everybody to understand what im doing, but that someone help me to create a protection inside the core that only i could fuckup my shard...
decompile RunUO requires some kind of knowledge that a person that steals shards will never have.

Sorry for the wrong impression :D

Phantom

Knight
the-punisher said:
You dont know what you are saying... i already have the a non default release core...
Im not saying my shard its so good that someone could steal, but im not taking risk of loosing all my work. Im not doing a OSI LIKE shard, im making an SPHERE LIKE shard, that required a lot of job, to remove things that was not in sphere and implanting things that left to be a Sphere like...
im not asking to everybody to understand what im doing, but that someone help me to create a protection inside the core that only i could fuckup my shard...
decompile RunUO requires some kind of knowledge that a person that steals shards will never have.

Sorry for the wrong impression :D

I know what I am talking about, every besides my views on you protecting your shard, was fact.

mrkroket

Wanderer
I remember you can do a workaround to avoid to recompile.
You can do the same without touching the core.
Just with runuo + dll loader.cs + compiled dll server. On the compiled dll you can put your protections, checkings, etc...

Anyways, I think the RunUO community should share as much as they can. If you do the job for free, why not giving to the world?

Phantom

Knight
mrkroket said:
I remember you can do a workaround to avoid to recompile.
You can do the same without touching the core.
Just with runuo + dll loader.cs + compiled dll server. On the compiled dll you can put your protections, checkings, etc...

Anyways, I think the RunUO community should share as much as they can. If you do the job for free, why not giving to the world?

Because people who try to protect their work are just lame.

I will never understand that, and I have ran a shard before with custom scripts, but I never acted like that about my work.

Atomic

Wanderer
Yes Phantom you have acted worse... when you stayed all nervous because someone made a project generator that was similar to yours. And that wasn't even copy, it was just similar. Let them protect their work if they want to, it's their problem.

Phantom

Knight
Atomic said:
Yes Phantom you have acted worse... when you stayed all nervous because someone made a project generator that was similar to yours. And that wasn't even copy, it was just similar. Let them protect their work if they want to, it's their problem.

I acted like an ass about what your talking about, doesn't change that a program and a shard is different. I also would argue that it wasn't a copy, but I won't even get into that, because clearly you dislike me so whats the point?

What exactly does something that happen 6 months ago have to do with the topic at hand?

Phantom

Knight
TheOutkastDev said:
How does putting your scripts inside the core protect your shard from being stolen?

Which was sort of my point...

You can't protect your scripts, anyone who is willing to steal your scripts is willing decompile them and trust me they know how.

Those same people that decompiled RunUO are the people that would steal your shard scripts no matter what you do to them.

Yes I acted like an ass, but a program I wrote is very different then a collection of scripts that would be pointless without RunUO.

So spread the wealth, share your scripts, without this community you would have nothing.

Atomic

Wanderer
My comment had nothing to do with what happened back then, I was just giving you an example that trying to protect stuff isn't evil like you try to make it sound. I agree this may not be the most effective method of protecting your scripts but I think we could just stick to his question, so I answered exactly what he asked.

Kamron

Knight
Its plain and simple... You cannot protect yourself with C#. The only way you can do it is to write a C++ wrapper program with special encoding, and then make your DLL file encoded. And have the C++ program have all of the security checks before decoding the DLL file.

psz

Administrator
This is all quite silly... How does compiling/not compiling secure a shard?

Don't allow access to files.

Simple.

Last I checked, there isn't an in-game, non-staff command that allows people to download scripts.

brodock

Sorceror
A solution ;)

i think he is talking about where he host his scripts...

for example it's common in brazil people hosting they're shards in sponsored hosts (a friend that have an internet provider, or someone have a webhosting company or anything like that).

In the majority, all this hosts are not trusty.

We know many cases of people who created a good shard having all they're work stolled by a "friend of a friend of a friend of someone who works on the company or administrate..."

It's not pointless what he is asking... We all know security doesn't exist but what he is asking is a security level that he thinks is enough to the treat he fears.

I suggest you do a search to find the script people said above... i also used an interesting technique sometimes ago (with runuo beta 36).

I compiled the script and added it to assemblies.cfg and let just one empty .css file on scripts folder.

I think it still working (all you have to do is get a pre-compiled script that you can find in scripts/output).

Just a bit of imagination can make you beat your objectives ;)

Good luck!