RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[self setskill

Zidane4056

Wanderer
[self setskill

It would be very handy for me if I could macro my skills to have several different settings for them, and the only way to do this without having stupified macros is by making setskill, getskill, setallskills, and skills supported by the [self command.

And while we're at it, why not make it support online, global, area, and multi? I don't see any reason why not...

Phantom

Knight
Zidane4056 said:
It would be very handy for me if I could macro my skills to have several different settings for them, and the only way to do this without having stupified macros is by making setskill, getskill, setallskills, and skills supported by the [self command.

And while we're at it, why not make it support online, global, area, and multi? I don't see any reason why not...

Because there is no use, [skills works just fine.

Zidane4056

Wanderer
That's like saying there is no use for [set or [get because [props works fine.

It depends on your preferences. Faster typers tend to prefer [set and [get over props while slower typers prefer to type something simple and use their mouse to look for it. In fact, the only time when I use props is when I'm either setting Aos Attributes or I do not know the exact name of the property I want to set or get.

I would rather be able to type [self setskill magery 120 than type [self skills and scroll through several unorganized pages of skills to find Magery, then click the arrow and type in 120.

Also [skills is not macro-friendly. It would be cool to have both a "godlike" template (with each skill maxed) and a "human" template (this is what I normally use; all skills 120 but magicresist and parry at 80) that can be quickly macro'd between because frequently when I am bored I will tell players to come try to kill me, or jump in a tournament myself as a tiebreaker, etc etc.

And when I say macro I mean the built in macro system UO has on the options menu, not using Razor or anything.

Zidane4056

Wanderer
Because I have to fill up all the lines in a macro after the first one with "TargetSelf"s to actually get it to targetself when I hit the macro. Thus I have no room to add all the [setskills plus 5 TargetSelf lines for each one.

This is a bug in the UO Client Core and I'm not complaining about it.

If you want to talk that way, what is the neccessity of the [self command? One could easily argue that there is none. But if we have it, why not go all the way with it?

If someone else now wants to argue about it I would like for them to make their case based off its possibility in code, etc. Not about its convenience or alternatives.

Think of it this way: would you protest to the setskill command being supported by the [self modifier? If you really have a good reason for answering that question with "Yes" OR if there is a logical reason why it can not or will not be done then you have a point to make. If not, then what's the point of arguing with me?

cward

Wanderer
I have an idea, edit the two lines of code it takes to make it compatible with [self and make it convenient for yourself as I don't see it a necessity for RunUO. I know this is a suggestion thread but you are disputing it as if you are demanding it. One reason why it probably isn't added to [self is because staff don't really have a need for skills.
Also the majority of people who actually set skills on staff will only do it one time and not have a reason to do it again.
The [skills command is much easier to use.
You have more than one macro button.
Its rediculous to argue something you could easily do yourself in 2 minutes.
You said "It would be very handy for me if I could macro my skills to have several different settings for them" as if this was a personal request instead of a suggestion.
What may be handy for you may not be for everyone else.
Need anymore reasons?

ASayre

RunUO Developer
Although not a necessity, nor even close to important,

Modifying it to support command handlers WOULD be helpful, manytimes I've found myself wanting to [area setSkill Bla BlaBla...

It's not a bad Idea.