RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Server Crash Anyone know why?

daat99

Staff member
kellsar said:
if an error occurs, and you know where it is in the other file, you could edit the coding and fix it, instead of rewriting the core
It's in Microsotfs .NET framework 2, it isn't a script we can just edit and dump in the custom scripts folder (unfortunatly) :(

kellsar

Wanderer
true, but i meant...
Runuo/

scripts/
data/
add a new one like:
required/
or some variant.

but yea, i get what you are at, those files use so many different files, just so they may 'protect' their investment on required files, just so you need to run their software, that way linux doesn't rules them alls

:D

Thistle

Wanderer
Personally I wouldn't say this is a problem with either RunUO 2 or .net framework 2 but more of a problem with different anti-virus programs not being compatible with .net framework 2

Should MS modify .net framework 2 for all the different anti-virus programs out there? hell no!!

Should the companies that produce anti-virus programs revise them to deal with .net framework 2? hell yeah!

Why? Because .net framework is pretty much a "standard" now and there's no way one should even expect them to try to keep up with the anti-virus programs that are available.

dxciber

Sorceror
definetly is a bug on .net framework have same error on diferents antivirus and diferents applications, remember all the microsoft errors in the past this is 1 more of them. this happens to me even i uninstall the panda antivirus and work without the program. and only happens with runuo 2.0 with 1.0 i run for the past 5 days very stable without any problem

Thistle

Wanderer
After trolling thru MSDN so far this problem has been reported for only 2 different av programs (NOD32 and Panda) and 1 bandwidth limiting program (NetLimiter)

For NOD32 the suggestion was to remove from the list of "managed" programs the one that's causing the problem. In other words, somewhere in the configuration of NOD32 you can tell it not to monitor RunUO 2.

I found no fix advice for Panda or for NetLimiter.

There does appear to be a hotfix for .net framework 2 but it's only available if you contact them. (KB article 923038 http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=923028 )

lillibeth

Wanderer
we have with all avaible combinations....

pc with program installed and running, pc with program installed and non running and pc without any of those program installed....

if the programs were running or not, the server crashes anyway....
whitout those programs the server is stable, fast and use few resources (about 30% cup and 200 mb ram)