RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Server Crash Anyone know why?

dxciber

Sorceror
ok if hes from Israel maybe he know more english than me, but my claim still be the same alot of people first thing said before post is sorry for my english and then trying to explain his problems. :) question answered thanks stormwolff

daat99

Staff member
dxciber said:
you should understand your english alot cause is your first language i spoke and write english very well but is not my first language so for the next time you can be alittle more profetional and think a little before make sarcastic answers cause theres alot of people here that dont speak english very well but we try to improve our knowledge practicing every day :)
English is definatly NOT my first language and what I ment in my reply is:
If you don't want to know hard enough to even look at a simple free online dictionary than I shouldn't be the 1 that tells you want you want.

dxciber

Sorceror
i agree with you i failed to look on an online dictionary but thats not give you the right to be rude and sarcastic with people that only want a little help :) . anyways we definetly not came here to argue about the language, the thing is anybody have an idea about what is causing the crash? you think .net ver. 2.0 is the problem? to the first crash report i post?

daat99

Staff member
dxciber said:
i agree with you i failed to look on an online dictionary but thats not give you the right to be rude and sarcastic with people that only want a little help :) . anyways we definetly not came here to argue about the language, the thing is anybody have an idea about what is causing the crash? you think .net ver. 2.0 is the problem? to the first crash report i post?
I didn't ment to be rude nor sarcastic, just to promote the fact that I'm not 100% eager to help people that doesn't try first (which in that particular instance we both agreed that you didn't).

Anyway back to the topic at hand, I realy doubt that .NET framework itself cause the crash but I did saw this crash a lot so it might be a RunUO 2.0 RC1 crash.
I'm sorry but I don't know anything about RunUO 2.0 RC1 so I can't be more helpfull than that.

dxciber

Sorceror
so the better ways go back to 1.0 :( hehee thanks if anybody figureout what was causing that please shared
thanks

TMSTKSBK

Lord
This smells (to me) like a configuration problem on your computer, not the server. But it is technically safer to use 1.0, instead of 2.0

Alot of the same errors I've read on here, this error may have something to do with a anti-virus running in the background, on the memory being corrupt...Could be wrong tho...;)

daat99

Staff member
DreamCatcher said:
Alot of the same errors I've read on here, this error may have something to do with a anti-virus running in the background, on the memory being corrupt...Could be wrong tho...;)
There are too many reports of this crash from too many shards.
Regardless what causing it I think RunUO dev team should implement a fix for it (or atleast a workaround).
Ofcourse I'm not part of the dev team and only a simple member of this community so I can't tell them what to do ;)

daat99

Staff member
DreamCatcher said:
Yeah there are ALOT of these same errors...I seen so many hit the boards with this error seemed like all at once...:(
Anyone saw (and can link me) to a debug log of this particular crash?

Thistle

Wanderer
I thought I'd get adventurous and see if google could find anything on that error message: System.Net.UnsafeNclNativeMethods.OSSOCK

I found this link: http://www.developersdex.com/vb/message.asp?p=2923&r=4629297

and while sifting thru it it seems to point to problem with anti-virus programs: for NOD32 it's an improperly configured host in IMON and for Panda it's a problem with pavlsp.dll

I found even more info here: http://weblogs.asp.net/nunitaddin/archive/2006/06/07/Security-Apps-Break-.NET-2.0-Remoting.aspx

lillibeth

Wanderer
hi everybody and excuse me for my poor english. i'm the admin of an italian shard. we were abile to import runuo 1.0 customisation to runuo 2.0 rc1, and trying on la local server we had no problems at all, but when we upped on the offical server we started having he same crash you are talking abount every time a client log out....we tryied to resolve the matter but nothing work....as a try our scripter tryed a clean runuo 2.0 server, and we had the same crash when more than a player is online and logout. we tryed on different pc....son maybe there is something wrong in the core of runuo.....i hope tihs can help the dev team....

daat99

Staff member
lillibeth said:
hi everybody and excuse me for my poor english. i'm the admin of an italian shard. we were abile to import runuo 1.0 customisation to runuo 2.0 rc1, and trying on la local server we had no problems at all, but when we upped on the offical server we started having he same crash you are talking abount every time a client log out....we tryied to resolve the matter but nothing work....as a try our scripter tryed a clean runuo 2.0 server, and we had the same crash when more than a player is online and logout. we tryed on different pc....son maybe there is something wrong in the core of runuo.....i hope tihs can help the dev team....
It start to look like it's something with .NET 2 itself that cause a crash to certain dll's that can be found on multiple security software types.

kellsar

Wanderer
would it be better if RunUO dev team copied the files from .net and implemented them into a new folder, like ..\net\(put files here)

or is there a copyright issue there...?

just an idea.

daat99

Staff member
kellsar said:
would it be better if RunUO dev team copied the files from .net and implemented them into a new folder, like ..\net\(put files here)

or is there a copyright issue there...?

just an idea.
How can that solve the problem (if it was possible that is)?

lillibeth

Wanderer
anyway we tryed without any firewall or antivirus running at all....looking around on the net i find many forum dealing abount similar crash releated to other progams not only runuo.....somewhere we found out that this was a bug of .net 2.0

kellsar

Wanderer
daat99 said:
How can that solve the problem (if it was possible that is)?
if an error occurs, and you know where it is in the other file, you could edit the coding and fix it, instead of rewriting the core