RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Server getting Data Files from Where?

Delta

Wanderer
Server getting Data Files from Where?

Where is it getting like the anims and map files from I ran RunUO started with no problem my question is I have a server only install of UO and I removed the registry and I installed a backup server location and removed it out of the registry so which one is it using I need to know to know which one to do my map mods to the map file or the statics files.

Delta

Wanderer
Zippy said:
Can you, umm, rephrase that a little, umm, clearer?

OK lets try this again. I installed LBR and patched in c:\program files\faldara\faldara then in the registry I removed the OSI key from HKEYLOCALMACHINE\software then copied c:\program files\faldara\faldarabak ok with no registry entrys (these are where I want my data files for the server) I ran RunUO and it worked fine my question is where does it pull the osi dat files like map0.mul and statics0.mul is that configurable or not?

Delta

Wanderer
Also at the current moment how hard is it to add new npcs and new items is that done through scripting?

Delta

Wanderer
Delta said:
Zippy said:
Can you, umm, rephrase that a little, umm, clearer?

OK lets try this again. I installed LBR and patched in c:\program files\faldara\faldara then in the registry I removed the OSI key from HKEYLOCALMACHINE\software then copied c:\program files\faldara\faldarabak ok with no registry entrys (these are where I want my data files for the server) I ran RunUO and it worked fine my question is where does it pull the osi dat files like map0.mul and statics0.mul is that configurable or not?

OK I noticed it asked on the server console when I logged in with my first account for the location of UO nice :)