RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Server Not Letting Clients Log in

Sachin Esha

Wanderer
I got my port forwarding set, and when my server is up and running, i can see players creating the account. But then as soon as they begin to go to the create char window, it kicks then. I have windows firewall off and ALL virus protection disabled atm. Still no one can get in. Any suggestions as to what i might do to "OPEN" my shard to outside clients ? Thanks for any help in advance, it is much appreciated as this issue has me pulling what hair i have left.........out !

Sachin Esha

Wanderer
I am not sure what could be wrong here, but here it is. I appreciate your attempts to help for sure =)

Attachments

• ServerList.cs
    7.1 KB · Views: 2

tindo

Sorceror
Put it in quotes:

Code:
public static readonly string Address = "71.65.205.93";

Also recommended putting AutoDetect to false if you are manually entering your outside IP.

tindo

Sorceror
The script tries to detect your outside IP address. Turning off AutoDetect to false means it will not try to detect your outside IP (not needed if you are setting it manually).

Sachin Esha

Wanderer
Ahh gotcha ok...well thank you, if i can get this Owltr error fixed , which i hope soon, gonna try my NEW fixes and see if family can log in ! Thank you so very much again, i hope it works

tindo

Sorceror
You really should do one thing at a time. You are trying to add a bunch of custom scripts in before people can even connect. Your just compounding your problems.

Lets get you connected, then add custom scripts one at a time.

Sachin Esha

Wanderer
Yeah, your completely right, i have been working on this for some time tho Tindo, you know that lol..........ok they are in but notice the disconnect msg......they are in but whats the message about? How can they be in, yet it says they were disconnected ?

tindo

Sorceror
Thats normal, it makes two connections when they log in. The first one has the connection prior to authentication. Once they are in, it disconnects that first one.

Sachin Esha

Wanderer
Well sweet, that was the only issue this whole time, serverlist.cs needed a small mod ..........wow......(feeling very stupid atm) lol

tindo

Sorceror
Live and learn, I make mistakes all the time, usually its something small and stupid...

Do you think this was the problem when we were working on your laptop on the phone and we just missed it?