RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Server save times

rpggamer

Wanderer
Server save times

Hello all,

just wanted to post to help some of you people out that are having bad server times, I know runuo doesnt have any requirements to run on a pc. You might want to think about getting a 2gig proccessor lots of memory and a 7200 rpm harddrive.

You may ask why? well for one reason, Ive tested the server on two machines, a winxp with 2600+ amd athlon XP processor 80gig HD 1gig memory and my save times loading the world and saving in the game were around 2-3 seconds. I just moved the server to a win98SE machine and my save times are terrible, The pc specs are Pentium 3 500mhz 184MB memory, 40gig 7200 western digital Harddrive, my save times are 38 seconds to sometimes 66seconds when loading the world and saving in the game.

Another thing that might help you is increasing the save time to autosave your world ever hour, How to do this is go to C:\Program Files\RunUO Software Team\RunUO 1.0 RC0\Scripts\Misc and open up autosave.cs.

Change this:
Code:
public class AutoSave : Timer
	{
		private static TimeSpan m_Delay = TimeSpan.FromMinutes( 5.0 );

to this:
Code:
public class AutoSave : Timer
	{
		private static TimeSpan m_Delay = TimeSpan.FromMinutes( 60.0 );

I hope this helps some of you all, please feel free to PM me if you need any other help.