RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

server to server with no login

Acronis

Sorceror
Do you mean having multiple servers in server list and each one going to another machine? It's fairly easy to setup, there is a core edit to ignore a certain packet that sends the auth key (32-bit int if I recall) and you need to do some modification to serverlist.cs. Other then that it should work. You basically want your server to ignore the client's auth key. On OSI this key is required as it validates that you went through the logon server, but for RunUO it's not so much an issue as you get authenticated twice anyway. (once at login server, once at actual server - same ip/port in a default setup).

merlyn2000

Sorceror
i'd settle for the multiple servers in one list ...

but the dream is to have capability to have a character go thru a gate for example, and land on another server. neverwinter nights had something similar i think ... not sure.

but itsa dream ... maybe one day.

i know the UO community is declining but ... there are people still playing and i think that UO will be around for a long time to come - there are people still playing pacman. maybe one day i'll have my special moongate. LOL

Acronis

Sorceror
Actually I had thought of coding something like this but almost worth starting from scratch. What you really need is a "packet gateway". So you connect to said gateway but that gateway actually connects to the UO server for you and relays the packets. These special gates would be added at the gateway side but to the client are seen normally. Tricky part is ensuring you don't get item serial conflicts. When you step in that gate the gateway would handle things and then branch you to another server. To the client it would be like if you're on the same server but really you're not.

ETsCat

Sorceror
This is just about what I'm working on. Want to setup 10 or more maps, diferent worlds with diferent rewards, each harder and nastier monsters. Increased IA and everything.