RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ServerList.cs with AutoIP and AutoLocalLan

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrfixit

Wanderer
ServerList.cs with AutoIP and AutoLocalLan

Summary:
ServerList.cs is a script used by RunUO to send the inbuildnt serverlist to the uo client.

Because so many have problems with the default ServerList.cs, I created a new version that automaticly finds you internet ip and finds out if you are connecting localy.

Description:
You only need this custom ServerList.cs if your behind any NAT devices like a router. If you are behind a router your runuo console will show a ip in one of these ip ranges:
10.0.0.0 -> 10.255.255.255
192.168.0.0 -> 192.168.255.255
172.16.0.0 -> 172.32.255.255
169.254.0.0 -> 169.254.255.255

This scripts fixes two problems with the defualt script:
1. RunUO does not know the internet ip of your connection when you are behind a router. This script gets the internet ip from a website (Multiple mirrors).
2. When you specify a internet ip in the default script RunUO will send this to everyone, even if you are connecting localy causing that you loose connecting after click on your shards name in the uo clients serverlist. This script will automaticly check if you are connecting localy and give you the correct local lan ip (Fixed in RunUO 1.0 betas).

Installation:
1. Download ServerList.cs.
2. Replace the origional in the runuo\scripts\misc folder with the new file.

Attachments

• ServerList.cs
    12.9 KB · Views: 4,091

petree3

Wanderer
yes its a nice script but how do i go about going through my router ist a speed strea

mrfixit said:
Summary:
ServerList.cs is a script used by RunUO to send the inbuildnt serverlist to the uo client.

Because so many have problems with the default ServerList.cs, I created a new version that automaticly finds you internet ip and finds out if you are connecting localy.

Description:
You only need this custom ServerList.cs if your behind any NAT devices like a router. If you are behind a router your runuo console will show a ip in one of these ip ranges:
10.0.0.0 -> 10.255.255.255
192.168.0.0 -> 192.168.255.255
172.16.0.0 -> 172.32.255.255
169.254.0.0 -> 169.254.255.255

This scripts fixes two problems with the defualt script:
1. RunUO does not know the internet ip of your connection when you are behind a router. This script gets the internet ip from a website (Multiple mirrors).
2. When you specify a internet ip in the default script RunUO will send this to everyone, even if you are connecting localy causing that you loose connecting after click on your shards name in the uo clients serverlist. This script will automaticly check if you are connecting localy and give you the correct local lan ip (Fixed in RunUO 1.0 betas).

Installation:
1. Download ServerList.cs.
2. Replace the origional in the runuo\scripts\misc folder with the new file.

calebbreen

Wanderer
Wont pick up my WAN IP from Router

it wont pick up my WAN IP from my Router,

i dont use static ip, i have a netgear router and ive tried with port forwarding and still no luck

when i load the runuo server console it comes up with the normal 127.0.0.1 and then my lan address but no WAN IP

Please help

DeadSpider

Sorceror
Yea mine shows the same but it works for me,others can connect to it
I dont have static ip
I do have,lan
Dynamic DNS from NOIP.com "i think thats what its called"
and use the prog for it to keep addy updated "NO-IP DUC V2.1.4"
I dont remember where I got the prog from but there is a link in RunUO fourms somewhere I beleive.
And no i dont run a shard, i just playaround with server sometimes so I might not be the best source for info but i though this might help some

S

Seven

Very nice! I was currently using another script that used a program on my desktop icon tray which connected to dyndns.org and fond out my ip address! This is much much easier to use! Thanks ;) I think the program I used for the other one to auto update it was DirectUpdate hehe :)

Greystar

Wanderer
Seven said:
Very nice! I was currently using another script that used a program on my desktop icon tray which connected to dyndns.org and fond out my ip address! This is much much easier to use! Thanks ;) I think the program I used for the other one to auto update it was DirectUpdate hehe :)

I swear by DirectUpdate and I registered it a long time ago so have lifetime updates... since I paid for it I will continue to use it so that my player will be able to just use my word address i set up to get to my server instead of my IP address but now I can use this script to make sure DirectUpdate does have the right IP address.

Artras

Wanderer
Not work for me: my server is running in local lan 192.168.0.* behind redhat linux with 10.7.2.1 external and 192.168.0.100 internal IP but ppl from 10.*.*.* can`t join in my network. Script just only find my internet ip that is 62.73.83.205 a don`t need this ip for my server IP i just want to run server for users on 192.168.*.* and 10.*.*.* . Pls help me! :(

slithers

Sorceror
a problem that developed

not sure if it was cause of this script or not but i used this script started up the server everything went fine. i logged in on my lan everything was fine. my neighbor logged in over internet, managed to create account, create character, got in ran around for a bit. i used the [admin panel to make him a game master to get him to help me tweak mob spawns and his client froze and dropped to desktop. now when he tries to log in, he get's to the shard screen, selects the shard and then his program box goes grey hangs, and then drops to windows. he has done a complete reinstall and patch and still nothing. the console window for run U.O. server says that his account is at the log in screen and then disconnected. any ideas? there is no error message report either on my run uo console or generated by his client.

Rokam

Wanderer
slithers said:
not sure if it was cause of this script or not but i used this script started up the server everything went fine. i logged in on my lan everything was fine. my neighbor logged in over internet, managed to create account, create character, got in ran around for a bit. i used the [admin panel to make him a game master to get him to help me tweak mob spawns and his client froze and dropped to desktop. now when he tries to log in, he get's to the shard screen, selects the shard and then his program box goes grey hangs, and then drops to windows. he has done a complete reinstall and patch and still nothing. the console window for run U.O. server says that his account is at the log in screen and then disconnected. any ideas? there is no error message report either on my run uo console or generated by his client.
I think u've just posted in the wrong place, create a thread with the error that appear when u do that...

Rokam

Wanderer
Artras said:
Not work for me: my server is running in local lan 192.168.0.* behind redhat linux with 10.7.2.1 external and 192.168.0.100 internal IP but ppl from 10.*.*.* can`t join in my network. Script just only find my internet ip that is 62.73.83.205 a don`t need this ip for my server IP i just want to run server for users on 192.168.*.* and 10.*.*.* . Pls help me! :(
To do it, you will need a interface into this network 10.x.x.x or you will need a NAT into your gateway...

If you'r using iptables in your gateway do:
Code:
iptables -t nat -I PREROUTING -d gateway10.x.x.xip -p tcp --dport serverport -j DNAT --to serverip192.168.x.x:port
iptables -t nat -I POSTROUTING -s serverip -j SNAT -to gateway10.x.x.xip
iptables -I INPUT -d serverip192.168.x.x -p tcp --dport port -j ACCEPT
iptables -I OUTPUT -s serverip192.168.x.x -p tcp --dport port -j ACCEPT

I think this will make your nat work fine... Any problems find an iptables howto.

DarkeWolf

Sorceror
what do I tell them to put in?

Deraj_88 said:
is this for RunUO 1.0 only or for RunUO beta 36 also?

I just installed it on the new 1.0 and the server came up fine, and I logged in fine, although thru a mirror, and all I did was alter the server name from "runuotestshard". in the cs file it says that its written for beta 36.

now, my question is, (and keep in mind one of the reasons its still a private shard is cause I am such a NEWB at being an admin) is for my players to connect to me under create local, what should I tell them to put in for DNS/IP, since the server is now scanning all of these mirrors and stuff?

Edit: as many peeps as I see having probs with this, could the Mods put a sticky on this one so that its easy to find?

Status
Not open for further replies.