RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[set map trammel causes client freeze...

prc803

Wanderer
[set map trammel causes client freeze...

Somewhat new to RunUO however not altogether hopeless BUT this one has about got me whooped...I am using RunUO 1.0 Ultima Online SE fully patched. XP machine. I have not had more than 4 people on at one time as I'm building. What happens is when I either use the [set map trammel (or any map for that matter) it moves me and then freezes, eventually the screen goes completely white and then the client shuts down. Has anyone had similar things happen? Any help is greatly appreciated. I have also tried using the moongates to go and they too crash me.

Thanks in advance for your help

prc803

Wanderer
Thank you for your reply Quantos. I have fully patched the client and still no solution. Anything else I should look at?

This is my personal Opinion. When I did have Ultima Online SE I did have many bugs and such. For me it was when Id open my backpack I would get a client freeze. Aswell as there were houses in the middle of nowhwere and those houses didnt appear visible to others. I found UOSE very vey useless, If you would want to uninstall UOSE and reinstall.

Tark

Wanderer
SE shouldnt be causing it...and ive never seen those houses, or backpack freezes. Like quantos said, its usually patches that cause that kind of error.

have you ever had a custom map installed, or changed anything it the map definitions?

prc803

Wanderer
I have not changed the map definitions...I think I have it fiigured tho...my "admin" character has something wrong with him. I created a new one and it seems to not be happening. Don't know where he went wrong! Thanks for everyones help. I will post once I define what happened to him.

Thanks again!