RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Set Night Level in NEW Dungeons Regions

Hello, I'm new to RunUO and not speak english very well, sorry about the mistakes :p.

Well, I created a shard with a custom map, but the dungeons regions are with the normal light level (global).

How can I make these new regions like the dark dungeons? (Like normal dungeons in common UO)

thx

pooka01

Sorceror
I think you need to go in your Data/Locations/map you are actually on, and edit it with lets say, notepad.
When you are in that, you must define a bounding box around your newly created dungeon with coordinates.

Dian

Sorceror
You will need to replace the entries in RunUO/data/regions.xml within whatever faccet/map you replaced, with new region entries that fit your new/custom map areas. You can set the light level in the region entry data once you add them.

there is a tool called region editor somewhere to help you do this

the data/locations files will also need changed for your .go gump to reflect your new map. That is just the beginning of all you have ahead of you for a custom map :)