RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Setting up a multi server shard

Tech102

Wanderer
Setting up a multi server shard

I know this may be a dumb question after going thru the forums taking my time and looking thru this and that i was not able to find an answer for this or might of skipped over it.

I have 2 server style computers in my home the specs of each are close my question is i know in the real shards more then one server runs a shard.

Was wondering if i cans et up a server to run only Tram and Fel.
while having another server run malus and other areas.

the only reason i ask this is so it cuts down the load for my server i have only created it today but so far have friends and family around 30 users that wish to play. But after the 15 user logs on the server bogs down to where you can move just fine no lag or issues with that but anything that deals with casting or fighting or fishing items like that bog down to a crawl. Yes im a noob to the shard emulator but not a noob on UO or server maintence and up keep.

Thank you all that reply.

Joeku

Lord
You *could* but 1. it wouldn't do much good since they're both on the same internet connection (unless you have a MASSIVE bandwidth) and 2. it would be a ton of work to integrate this into RunUO, since it's not included by default (I assume you want them both to operate as the same "server", but for one machine to take the load from Tram and Fel and the other machine to take the load from Malas, Ilsh, and Tokuno...)

Best solution is to upgrade the RAM on ONE machine, and maybe upgrade your internet connection, and just use the single machine. With a decent processor and 1.5/2 gigs of RAM, you should be able to host 30+ players easily.

If you only have a normal Cable or DSL internet connection, you NEED to upgrade that to see speed improvements.