RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Simple Email Registration

Alex21

Sorceror
Simple Email Registration - Final

#! System Is Finished !#

Last Update:
* Now Serializes Emails To Emails.xml In Your Server Folder
* Added "[email" command to send single emails to selected players

Description:
This system once installed correctly, will allow player to register their email address when they login by a gump. After they enter their email twice correctly the server will send them an email by using a mail server specified by you, this email will contain a unique 10 character long confirmation code, they have until they log out to then use the "[auth" command in game and enter the 10 character long code into the gump provided.

Setup:
* Place In Customs
* Configure EmailClient.cs to work with your server

Commands:
* "[sendemail", allows you to write an email in game then have that email sent to every player on the server
* "[clearemails", Clears all registered emails.

Player Commands:
* "[auth", allows them to confirm they received their registration email
* "[account", allows players to manage their email address and password
* "[email", allows player to send an email to another player

Hope You Enjoy.

Attachments

• Register Email.rar
    11.9 KB · Views: 786

Alex21

Sorceror
I wasnt sure what to do with the emails it stored from players accounts, so all i did was supply a way to send a email to them all.

If you have any suggestion on function this system can do please post them.

Draegen

Sorceror
what about making this delete they account if they do not use they athu code??? or delete chars.

What about making it if they fail to athu three times it kicks them and tells them to e-mail admin for account to be activeded

Miller.

Wanderer
Draegen;751473 said:
what about making this delete they account if they do not use they athu code??? or delete chars.

What about making it if they fail to athu three times it kicks them and tells them to e-mail admin for account to be activeded

Hmm... I haven't looked over the scripts yet but I had the impression that those features were included. (I'm thinking of something like what Divinity uses). If not, then those features would certainly be helpful.

Also, what about storing emails along with account information like in Saves\Accounts\accounts.xml ?

Alex21

Sorceror
Miller.;751509 said:
Hmm... I haven't looked over the scripts yet but I had the impression that those features were included. (I'm thinking of something like what Divinity uses). If not, then those features would certainly be helpful.

Also, what about storing emails along with account information like in Saves\Accounts\accounts.xml ?

ok i think i could do that.

i_am_neo

Wanderer
Another good idea might be for the system to remind players of their account inactivity. What I mean is for the system to send players notification e-mails when their accounts are inactive for some days (that'd be customizable).
Also it would be kind of nice for staff to be able to send e-mails only to particular players.

I don't know, it it is possible to make, but the e-mail given might also be used for two-way ingame communication (eg. when players can't enter the game for some time, they could send e-mails into the game).

Those are just some ideas...
I'm not really that into scripting to know, whether it's easy to make, or not :)

Aurboda

Sorceror
E-mails don't save after server reset

This is really a great idea, and is quite useful. but the confirmation only lasts until the server is reset, is there a way to fix it so that once eamil is authorized, it stays authorized, even after server reset?

i_am_neo

Wanderer
Might want to add a property called eg. email to PlayerMobile.cs. That'd be the simplest way to do that. But it'd be very primitive and not really easy to install. Still... it would work. That's the way I (not even a beginner in scripting) would do that :). Probably the expert guys here know a better way of solving the problem, that'd allow more options :).

Alex21

Sorceror
No authorize will not last more then a server restart or if the player logs out, but will store there emails through world restarts.

Alex21

Sorceror
Sorry guys, i understand what you were talking about now, yes the emails wouldn't last through a world save, i fixed it they will now last through a world save.

i_am_neo

Wanderer
I've found quite a serious bug...

When you use the [email command and bring out the list, all mobiles are shown... not only player mobiles...

Selecting any mobile, that isn't PlayerMobile crashes the shard :)

So I think You should add something like if( mobile is PlayerMobile ) to make sure you display only PlayerMobiles.

I'll let you know if i find anything else :)

Alex21

Sorceror
i_am_neo;752152 said:
I've found quite a serious bug...

When you use the [email command and bring out the list, all mobiles are shown... not only player mobiles...

Selecting any mobile, that isn't PlayerMobile crashes the shard :)

So I think You should add something like if( mobile is PlayerMobile ) to make sure you display only PlayerMobiles.

I'll let you know if i find anything else :)

ok i will fix that, woops forgot tospecify types.

i_am_neo

Wanderer
You're welcome :)
Always happy to help...

And I know, that the most important thing when you write a script is for a bunch of people to test it and check if it's idiot-proof ;D

Alex21

Sorceror
Draegen;752619 said:
I updated to your lastest one and it is not saving e-mails in email.xml at all it stays blank.

Have the email addresses been completely registered?, has it written the Emails.xml?

If it has written emails.xml post it here please,

anyone else having this problem?