RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Skill Ball - Final

NoIdeaNoClue

Wanderer
XxSP1DERxX said:
You don't want to give players non-movable items... it causes problems.

Another method which I used on another shard, was to put them into player banks unmovable and make them usable only from thier bank. But again, all up to the shard admin. You DO NOT want to put unmovable items into a player's backpack, period.
Why's that?

Kamron

Knight
Because if they die.. the item gets moved from their backpack to their corpse and then they cannot loot it. Also, some scripts count items, or move them to obscure places (depending on the shard), and it just causes problems.

NoIdeaNoClue

Wanderer
XxSP1DERxX said:
Because if they die.. the item gets moved from their backpack to their corpse and then they cannot loot it. Also, some scripts count items, or move them to obscure places (depending on the shard), and it just causes problems.
I give my new players non-movable skillballs (5) at character creation. The only complaint so far was one had to move his new player ticket to find the fifth ball. lol As far as everything else, I don't have non-movable items on my shard besides the skillballs at creation so I wasn't aware they couldn't be looted (guess I should've figured) and is a very good piece of information. I would have it create in their bankbox and only usable from there but I have no idea how to do that in CharaterCreation (yeah I'm a severe newbie). Would it be something like:
Code:
AddToBankBox( new SkillBall() );
Like I said...no idea. :)

NoIdeaNoClue

Wanderer
Ah...nevermind. I found my old distro CharacterCreation and found out how to add items to the bankbox.

Oh, and XxSP1DERxX, I hope you don't think that I'm against you in any way (sometimes people take me that way). I'm known for asking severely dumb questions and then later finding out the answers on my own or by a couple of actual scriptors smacking me around a little saying "...see...it's right there...!". I'm very much looking forward to a skillball that has alot of features or a couple of versions that have different features. :)

NINC

sidsid

Sorceror
XxSP1DERxX said:
No problem NINC. I will have the new skillball done by sunday hopefully. (I don't have much time).
That will be quite a patriotic act for Sunday the 4th.
Releasing great new scripts to the public!

dragazul

Wanderer
Well I want it so players start with a +50 skillball in their banks. It wont be movable and stuff but I dont know how to set it at +50 when its created.. Any help?

mr_wuss

Wanderer
XxSP1DERxX said:

not true at all

NoIdeaNoClue

Wanderer
dragazul said:
Well I want it so players start with a +50 skillball in their banks. It wont be movable and stuff but I dont know how to set it at +50 when its created.. Any help?
Code:
private int m_SkillBonus = 100;
Change the 100 to 50. :)

NINC

sidsid

Sorceror
dragazul said:
When you script it to add just call
SkillBall10( 50 )
inside the quotes is the amount of skill it can raise

Greystar

Wanderer
sidsid said:
When you script it to add just call
SkillBall10( 50 )
inside the quotes is the amount of skill it can raise

I took spiders skillball and made it so that it has charges and is rechargable if a GM makes it. it gives PowerScrolls at 120... im guessing this could be made random easy. Also it could be improved a bit in other areas as well but i figured I'd give it out if people wanted to use it to increase certain skillcaps that all for a more custom character.

Attachments

• skillball.cs
    6.2 KB · Views: 61

Heftiger

Wanderer
Ok, i was going to put this script on my server but put it thorugh some testing and found a few problems on my end. An example will do best:

Problem 1
I add a +80 skill ball to a new players pack.
A player creates a warrior (lets say 50 tactics)
He uses his skill ball but for some reason it wont let him add to tactics

Problem 2
Lets say that the player is able to use that +80 skill ball on his tactics, I would like it to use the entire ball, not just the 30 points required. So in other words, a ball can only be used once, no matter how much skill was used.

--Thank You in advance!

NoIdeaNoClue

Wanderer
Heftiger said:
Ok, i was going to put this script on my server but put it thorugh some testing and found a few problems on my end. An example will do best:

Problem 1
I add a +80 skill ball to a new players pack.
A player creates a warrior (lets say 50 tactics)
He uses his skill ball but for some reason it wont let him add to tactics

Problem 2
Lets say that the player is able to use that +80 skill ball on his tactics, I would like it to use the entire ball, not just the 30 points required. So in other words, a ball can only be used once, no matter how much skill was used.

--Thank You in advance!
I believe this is what you can use until he finishes his.

http://www.runuo.com/forum/showpost.php?p=287463&postcount=7

Heftiger

Wanderer
Ok, that script fixes the problem with not being able to add to skills that are above 0. But I tested a +80 on a character with 50 tactics and it bought it to GM. I want the skill ball to bring the character to 80, no matter what skill he started with, 0 or 50.

Kamron

Knight
Yeah, I am planning on addressing all of those requests/problems/questions.

Heftiger, what you are asking for is not the essence of a skillball. What you are asking for the skill to be changed absolutely, not realitively, similar to how skillmod works with its boolean parameter. I can add this option to the ball, although again... this will make the ball bulky.

Heftiger

Wanderer
ok, well if you do decide to change that but would not like to post it because the file would be too big, I could give you my email (not sure if you can upload in PM), because this is really the only thing that I would like to use it for.

What I think would work better, I'm not sure if this is possible, is to give the players a skill ball of like +160 and allow them to use that when they create their character, but put a cap of 80 or so on the skills so that they cannot use the skill ball to take any skill over 80, is this possible?