RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Skill Name/Title Changes

sirens song

Wanderer
Skill Name/Title Changes

[edit : I think I put this in the wrong spot, forgive me please]

Changing SkillNames/Titles
Suppose you want a Gm alchemist's title to be GrandMaster PotionMaker.

Skills.cs
Code:
private static SkillInfo[] m_Table = new SkillInfo[54]
			{
				new SkillInfo(  0, "Alchemy",					0.0,	5.0,	5.0,	"Alchemist",	null,	0.0,	0.5,	0.5,	1.0 ),
The first string for each SkillInfo is the skills name, (as displayed in the skills menu).
The Second String is the Skills title that will be displayed on mobiles.
You should be able to freely change the skills TITLE simply by changing the second string.
[Edited due to legality]

By the way this is a SourceCode edit, So please dont PM me on where Utility.cs and Skills.cs are located, k thnx

sirens song

Wanderer
We should get a core modification tutorial put together with the major compilers.
(#develop,vs.net,c#builder) Ill look into this tomarrow, Its too late to write readable english right now. But Im sure there will be many topics asking how to compile the source and where they can get vs.net, or where they can get something else to compile and so on..

No more FAQ section! thats absurd!?????? <--Not Serious

psz

Administrator
You apparently didn't read Ryan's post (As 99% of people don't)

It's being replaced with a RunUO Knowledge Base.

Atomic

Wanderer
This will add the skills server side, but then you will have to edit the skills file on the client(there was a program for this, try google), there is also a fix for making it show the skill gump and notifications right on the client, it was posted on the 3rd party tools a long time ago, perhaps it's still there.

Phantom

Knight
Froman2686 said:
Would these guidelines work for the addition of new skills? Or are there more steps?

Client is open source, thus this isn't possible without editing the client itself.

Which i might add is still illegal

ASKith

Wanderer
you could always just ignore the clients skill window and make your own ... check the archives as there is at least one instance of this being done I saw, and I think a few more that were on about this subject.

the information is there if you search for it.

jjarmis

Wanderer
Nah, you can make your own custom skills without touching the client at all. I know, I've done it. :) Just need to make your own skills array for your playermob and override some skill checks to do your own skills then override the default skills menu. not really hard to do if you know exactly what you want your skill to do.

Froman2686

Wanderer
Alright. After considering the possibilities (as well as my supreme hatred for bushido and ninjitsu and chivalry) I came to this: I'm not going to introduce new skills, but instead, rename other ones to things that are specific to my shard. I can then reference them appropriately, with their new names, and not have to even go near any 'grey' legal areas.

Incidentally, would I have to distribute an updated skills.mul? or would the skillnames just carry from my changes serverside?

Fygg Nuuton

Wanderer
sirens song;329443 said:
[edit : I think I put this in the wrong spot, forgive me please]

Skills.cs
Code:
private static SkillInfo[] m_Table = new SkillInfo[54]
			{
				new SkillInfo(  0, "Alchemy",					0.0,	5.0,	5.0,	"Alchemist",	null,	0.0,	0.5,	0.5,	1.0 ),

anyone happen to know what the numbers translate to? trying to change a few things around and i'm not 100% clear