RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Slef Resurrection

tomm_60421

Wanderer
Slef Resurrection

I was wondering if anyone has I knows how to make it so players can self res them selfs and there pets maybe using the help option?

Phantom

Knight
tomm_60421 said:
I was wondering if anyone has I knows how to make it so players can self res them selfs and there pets maybe using the help option?

Your not allowed to make requests.

The feature your asking for is something you want, not something that should be changed, and thus is a REQUEST.

Please read the rules regarding requests, since they are not allowed, and this is considered a request. Please do yourself a favor and don't argue this point, even if you disagree with it, because it won't change the fact its a request.

If you argue, all that will happen is a moderator will lock/delete the thread, and tell you that it was indeed a request. I have been around long enough to know what is a request and what isn't a request.

Please do not contact me in private, I will ignore you.

Memnoch

Wanderer
The shard i play on made it so vampires could self res with a phrase. This would not require a core mod.

Phantom

Knight
jargo2000 said:
Damn Phantom, you have no fealings at all do you?

You don't know me, so lets not make this personal alright?

If you make it personal I will take my gloves off, and you will not enjoy it.

Whitestone

Wanderer
Phantom

Phantom may be curt, blunt, and a few short words of your choosing, but he is also right. And, most helpful, once you slap together some code and post it for all to see.

Maybe you should look at the .cs files that crruntly handle ressurection of players (objects that do so, mobiles that do so, and even the GM command), think about how you want to impliment it, and then post your planned code modifications?

- Whitestone (like a rock)

Memnoch

Wanderer
Phantom said:

We really dont need more threads deleted for stupid things, if you both want to finish the pissing contest, take it to starbucks.

Courageous

Wanderer
Well, not to mention that he may be coming down a little hard on someone for posting something that superficially would otherwise appear to be okay in a board labelled "modification suggestions". Definitionally, a "modification suggestion" carries an implication that some third party, the modifier, do some work. Labelling it a suggestion or a request appears to be immaterial semantics to me...

Granted, I understand the general impatience to the "can u rite my codes for me pleaze pleaze" tendencies of some of the newbies...

C//

Tikisnot

Wanderer
jargo2000 said:
Damn Phantom, you have no fealings at all do you?
he is making a statment mate he will get better help posting it where it is supose to be people that work on that shit are gana be looking at the forums that the post is supose to be in

Phantom

Knight
He made that comment, out of hate, because I told him not to contact me and I would ignore him if he did. It had nothing to do with me telling him that he isn't allowed to make requests on this website.

I will admit I was very blunt with him, about the rules and how things work around here, but somebody has to tell him. Since I was the one to reply to the post, I decided that should be me, I aplogize if I hurt his feelings.

But telling me I have no freaking feelings, is just personal, and I will take alot of shit from you people but I draw the line on a personal attacks.

theoneguff

Wanderer
Phantom is right but also not nice.
I am a christian person and feel the world would be a better place if people like Phantom would add a please and a thank you.
Also it would get a better response.

WarAngel

Wanderer
These are online forums. Ettiquette and politeness hardly exist. The internet is not nice. :x

Along with that, I know that many people think that Phantom is "negative" in nearly all of his posts, but posting how "negative" you think he is after every single post is just as useless.

take it more seriously, will ya?

Phantom said:

taking your gloves off might help you type---this is a forum, and you are not a moderator, so let them decide---i have seen what he is asking about on many shards and have also wondered how to do it......these forums are intended to help people with uo,correct? get off your high horse and stop acting like you are better then this guy. trust me--you me and him where all made the same...

Joeku

Lord
roland, you have just proved yourself a troll by continuing this pointless thread. Do us all a favor and don't do that anymore. If it's not your business, don't get involved in it.