RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Solen Hive (Naturalist) quest

S

shaDoze

Solen Hive (Naturalist) quest

Summary:
Solen Hive (Naturalist) quest using the distro quest and plant system.

Description:
With all the new distro features I decided to dump my BaseQuest system (which was nicely updated and added to by Fury) and convert the quests to the distro quest system.

Detailed information on the quest can be found here: Study of the Solen Hive @ Stratics

It's probably not perfect, as I'm not an OSI expert but it should do the job just fine without the need for the BaseQuest system. There are a few TODO's in the code. You can ignore or fill them in.

Installation:
Just extract the zip to your custom folder in the scripts folder. Ingame you can just .add naturalist (or add it as a spawn) and you're done.

Attachments

• SolenHive.zip
    8.1 KB · Views: 572

flowerbudd

Sorceror
I cant get this to study the nests, i went to the coords in the script and it was black areas, and so i went over to nearest nest from there, stood there and nothing, i accepted the quest

Icon

Wanderer
Works perfectly, nice work (again) shaDoze, any thoughts on working on the ambitious queen quest?

Would love to see that 1 using rc0's quest system

Anyways nice work again

Hk

S

shaDoze

flowerbudd said:
I cant get this to study the nests, i went to the coords in the script and it was black areas, and so i went over to nearest nest from there, stood there and nothing, i accepted the quest

The regions only work on the Felucca facet. I don't know for sure if this is accurate or not but it's easy to modify.

flowerbudd

Sorceror
Ok, i managed to get into the nest and say "Aaaah" you begin studying, how many minutes from there does it take to finish that nest? ive stood here for what seems forever now *giggles*

Icon

Wanderer
Well takes about 1 min or less, you cant simpley run up to it and run away it will use the scribing sound when you are done, if you think about the npc is looking around and taking notes it will popup with more info when it's done and you can move on to next nest.

Say about 5 mins total for all 4 nest.

Hk

I'd like to see these and the rest of the quests including Solen with acid breath added to future versions of RunUO they really ought to be in there.

bean56

Wanderer
Good job. Just a thought, in the future you may want to make a cfg file in the decorations that adds all the stuff needed or people can referance for the coordinates of where to put things like the naturalist.

bean56

Wanderer
just change a line in solenhiveregion.cs to this
Code:
public SolenHiveRegion( int number ) : base( "", "Solen Hive Nest " + ( number + 1 ), Map.Trammel )
I could have sworn that's how it was already when I got it. Hope that works.

bean56

Wanderer
Well if you can call the constructor twice with both maps then that would be the best, but I don't think you can do that. I think your best bet is to make the solenhive function into solenhivetram and then copy it and make a solenhivefel and have the two maps different. You would also need to change the initialize function so that it has both a addregion new solenhivefel and a addregion new solenhivetram. so it would look something like
Code:
public static void Initialize()
		{
			Region.AddRegion( new SolenHiveRegionTram( 0 ) );
			Region.AddRegion( new SolenHiveRegionTram( 1 ) );
			Region.AddRegion( new SolenHiveRegionTram( 2 ) );
			Region.AddRegion( new SolenHiveRegionTram( 3 ) );
			Region.AddRegion( new SolenHiveRegionTram( 4 ) );

Region.AddRegion( new SolenHiveRegionFel( 0 ) );
			Region.AddRegion( new SolenHiveRegionFel( 1 ) );
			Region.AddRegion( new SolenHiveRegionFel( 2 ) );
			Region.AddRegion( new SolenHiveRegionFel( 3 ) );
			Region.AddRegion( new SolenHiveRegionFel( 4 ) );
		}
Sorry, that's the best I can help you.

BlackNova

Sorceror
To make the regions run in either facets just replace the relevent lines with the following in the SolenHiveRegions.cs file:

Code:
public static void Initialize()
{
	for ( int i = 0; i <= 4; i++ )
	{
		Region.AddRegion( new SolenHiveRegion( i, Map.Felucca ) );
		Region.AddRegion( new SolenHiveRegion( i, Map.Trammel ) );
	}
}

public SolenHiveRegion( int number, Map map ) : base( "", "Solen Hive Nest " + ( number + 1 ), map )
{

Also, since the bonus Study area is optional and shouldn't count toward the objective, I would put "m_Objective.CurProgress++;" in a different location as shown below in the StudyNestTimer.OnTick() function:

Code:
if( m_Count <= 0 )
{
	m_Objective.Study.Add( m_Number );

if( m_Number == 4 )
	{
		m_From.SendLocalizedMessage( 1054057 );	// You complete your examination of this bizarre Egg Nest...
		m_Objective.Bonus = true;
	}
	else
	{
		m_From.SendLocalizedMessage( 1054054 ); // You have completed your study of this Solen Egg Nest. You put your notes away.
		m_Objective.CurProgress++;
	}

int need = m_Objective.MaxProgress - m_Objective.CurProgress;

m_Objective.System.ShowQuestLogUpdated();

if( need <= 0 )
		m_Objective.Complete();

Stop();
}

JadeFist

Wanderer
I had used this set of scripts before upgrading to v1.0.0 Final (was running 1.0R0) with no issues. I'm having a problem removing the scripts as part of the server upgrade process. I assume the quest has done something to playermobiles that needs to be removed or reversed before I can pull these quest scripts and just run the distro's? If I try to remove them and start the server with the distro files, I will be prompted to delete my playermobiles from my last save. Has anyone experienced this problem and if so, what did you do to fix it? Thanks.