RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some Animals Look like others.

St21k3n

Traveler
Not sure why its doing this. But my beetle looks like a purple lama, my ridgeback looks like a yellow ostart, my unicorn looks like a pw horse, my kiren is like a orange brownish horse, wyvern looks like a drake, and lots more look like different animals. Does anyone have a clue how to fix this?

Are you running as Expansion.None?

Try changing the current expansion around inside of Scripts/Misc/CurrentExpansion.cs. Moving this forward will allow newer animations to display properly.

If you want to keep expansion.none functionality and have the newer animations, it is a little more work.

St21k3n

Traveler
Well, we want to keep the expansion.none. Because Mounains Legacy isent what I want for our server. What work would need to be done?

Sorry I never got back to you.

I believe this requires a Core edit (at least that is the route I took).

In ExpansionInfo.cs in the Core, note the following line:

Code:
new ExpansionInfo( 0, "None",            ClientFlags.None,        FeatureFlags.ExpansionNone,    CharacterListFlags.ExpansionNone,    0x0000 ),

If you want to keep Expansion.None functionality, but have the server inform the client that it should be looking at new models / animatons, you will need to change the enumerations forward from .None and .ExpansionNone.

There shouldn't be any unexpected consequences, since the Server will still be running on Expansion.None.

I took this route, and everything works fine for me.

If you do not know how to edit the core, there are plenty of walkthroughs on how to compile the server.

Hope this helps.

If anyone knows how to solve this without a core edit, feel free to contribute. I couldn't find a simple way, and didn't want to spend hours attempting when a simple solution was a core edit for me.

PappaSmurf

Knight
Yea I think you're looking at a core edit as mentioned above. The server core handles and validates body values. I brought this up a couple of years ago about how it would be nice to have a toggle so we could get closer to accurate Pre-AoS eras. The models you are seeing for things like the Kir~in are UO: Third Dawn era the 2d client used place holders for creatures that were only available via use of the Third Dawn Client at the time. This changed with UO: Lord Blackthorn's Revenge aka LBR, there are many other things that aren't period accurate when using Expansion.None. Spell casting, comes to mind right off the top, not to mention BODS and for Tailoring and colored leather. So really it depends on what you are wanting, if you want all the land masses without AoS you've got some work ahead of you. If you are looking to back date to say T2A era or UO:R era there's still work ahead of you just not as much :p

St21k3n

Traveler
Would you mind telling me how to edit the ExpansionInfo.cs? Because I searched ExpansionInfo.cs and didnt find anything. So I went to the ExpansionInfo.html, and Im not sure how to edit these files. Any help???

St21k3n

Traveler
I got it, I had to download runuo source, then a compiler. Then I compiled the new file into my New RunUO.exe