RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sorious' PvpKit

Harmon

Wanderer
I'm not rushing or asking anything if you Sor, I believe you have done so much for this community, but our shard really wants to enjoy this system and we keep getting crashes w/ multiple duels ... is this my problem or is it scripting??

Jeff

Lord
Harmon said:
I'm not rushing or asking anything if you Sor, I believe you have done so much for this community, but our shard really wants to enjoy this system and we keep getting crashes w/ multiple duels ... is this my problem or is it scripting??
Um, i tried to duplicate it and couldnt, can you SEND me you copies of the system, and the Noto script, ill PM you my email address.

Harmon

Wanderer
Well I tried this with defualt everything.. and still encountered the problem...

Did you have two duels at one time??

Did you actually attack*** the other team even though they were yellow?

I can do this and afterwards it crashes.. i will send you files but they are all* default.

G

Grom09

is there any way to find a dueling system with "i wish to duel" command,
and also i dont know the commands for dueling if i take this one,
the other dueling system was very good =/

Jeff

Lord
Grom09 said:
is there any way to find a dueling system with "i wish to duel" command,
and also i dont know the commands for dueling if i take this one,
the other dueling system was very good =/
my command isin the 1st post please read it, but i will be remaking this when 2.0 comes out, so i would suggest you wait till then anyway.

mehla

Sorceror
Faction members cannot win

I ran some tests on my server and here are the results....

Player A (not faction) kills Player B (not faction) four times during deathmatch. Scoreboard reflects this properly, and Player A wins the deathmatch, all is well.....

Player A (faction) kills Player B (not faction) four times during deathmatch. Scoreboard reflects this properly, and even though Player A has a higher score, Player B will win.

My testing showed that faction members do not win even though they had higher kill amounts.

Any ideas?

-Mehla

Jeff

Lord
mehla said:
I ran some tests on my server and here are the results....

Player A (not faction) kills Player B (not faction) four times during deathmatch. Scoreboard reflects this properly, and Player A wins the deathmatch, all is well.....

Player A (faction) kills Player B (not faction) four times during deathmatch. Scoreboard reflects this properly, and even though Player A has a higher score, Player B will win.

My testing showed that faction members do not win even though they had higher kill amounts.

Any ideas?

-Mehla
Updated, that should now be fixed.

mehla

Sorceror
Sorious said:

I'm very impressed with your dedication to get this done right. Thanks Sorious, if you need to use my server for testing anytime (20 online player average) just let me know, I am more than happy to be of any help I can (if you ever need it, the offer is there).

I really appreciate your fast responses. Thanks a lot!

-Mehla

Anvil

Wanderer
Just so you know your current rar file is missing the playermobile edits and the arena has 2 scripts that I guess you were working on :)

Jeff

Lord
Anvil said:
Just so you know your current rar file is missing the playermobile edits and the arena has 2 scripts that I guess you were working on :)
ya the 2 scripts, its ok, they shouldnt mess anything up, as for the txt files i fixed that.

mehla

Sorceror
Sorious said:

Hate to bother ya again Sorious, but the system is still not reporting the correct winners for me. I just had a 10 person deathmatch on my shard to test it, and the winner (Player A) had 14 kills/0 deaths, when the scoreboard reported that a different person (Player B) had 24 kills/2 deaths.

Shouldn't Player B have won this event? In this case, I had a mix of players play the game. I believe six players were faction, and four were not.

If there is any more info I can provide, please let me know.

mehla

Sorceror
The person with the most kills on my server seems to be players that are red... I am beginning to see a pattern that red characters cannot win.

Does that seem right? Anyone else getting those results?

mehla

Sorceror
Nope, nevermind, I blew that theory out of the water... I don't know what the problem is at this point... Well, I know what the problem is, but I don't know how to fix it... *shrug*

Anvil

Wanderer
I experienced a weird duel system problem last night...

2 players, both in the same guild. Not in a faction. One used the duel command setup with the pets option checked. Both were riding horses. When the duel was complete, the loser didn't lose his horse that he was on, but the winner was still riding his horse, but had a horse following him.

First, when pets is selected on the duel gump, It was my understanding that the loser lost thier pet, and the winner was granted the losers pet (delete pet from loser, add new pet to winner). Am I correct in this or am I wrong?

There were 2 problems as I saw them... First, apparently it placed some weird stuff on the screen with regards to death for the person who won, they had to log out and log back in in order to clear it (client problem? using 5.0.1j). 2nd, when I used [remove on the winners following horse, it deleted the following horse as well as the one he was riding, almost like they were one in the same. Any idea why it would do this? Thanks

Anvil

Jeff

Lord
Anvil said:
I experienced a weird duel system problem last night...

2 players, both in the same guild. Not in a faction. One used the duel command setup with the pets option checked. Both were riding horses. When the duel was complete, the loser didn't lose his horse that he was on, but the winner was still riding his horse, but had a horse following him.

First, when pets is selected on the duel gump, It was my understanding that the loser lost thier pet, and the winner was granted the losers pet (delete pet from loser, add new pet to winner). Am I correct in this or am I wrong?

There were 2 problems as I saw them... First, apparently it placed some weird stuff on the screen with regards to death for the person who won, they had to log out and log back in in order to clear it (client problem? using 5.0.1j). 2nd, when I used [remove on the winners following horse, it deleted the following horse as well as the one he was riding, almost like they were one in the same. Any idea why it would do this? Thanks

Anvil
The check marks are for things allowed, for instance if u uncheck Pets then all pets get stabled til lthe end of the fight. With it checked then players can use them in the duels. As for the horse thing, that was a case of the player not getting dismounted yet the horse was moved, this would cause a shadow horse on the player uintill he/she dismounted then it woulda disapeared.

Anvil

Wanderer
Sorious said:
The check marks are for things allowed, for instance if u uncheck Pets then all pets get stabled til lthe end of the fight. With it checked then players can use them in the duels. As for the horse thing, that was a case of the player not getting dismounted yet the horse was moved, this would cause a shadow horse on the player uintill he/she dismounted then it woulda disapeared.

So am I taking it as the shadow problem is still a bug?

stu

Wanderer
crash bro, didnt get a debug, i will if youd like!
Code:
Server Crash Report
===================

RunUO Version 1.0.0, Build 36918
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 5.2.3790.0
.NET Framework: 1.1.4322.2300
Time: 4/13/2006 7:30:06 PM
Mobiles: 20481
Items: 393363
Clients:
- Count: 23

Clients removed.....

Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Duel.EndDuel(Mobile loser)
   at Server.Customs.OnSiteDueling.OnSiteCore.EventSink_PlayerDeath(PlayerDeathEventArgs e)
   at Server.PlayerDeathEventHandler.Invoke(PlayerDeathEventArgs e)
   at Server.Mobile.OnDeath(Container c)
   at Server.Mobiles.PlayerMobile.OnDeath(Container c)
   at Server.Mobile.Kill()
   at Server.Mobile.Damage(Int32 amount, Mobile from)
   at Server.Mobiles.PlayerMobile.Damage(Int32 amount, Mobile from)
   at Server.AOS.Damage(Mobile m, Mobile from, Int32 damage, Int32 phys, Int32 fire, Int32 cold, Int32 pois, Int32 nrgy, Boolean keepAlive)
   at Server.AOS.Damage(Mobile m, Mobile from, Int32 damage, Int32 phys, Int32 fire, Int32 cold, Int32 pois, Int32 nrgy)
   at Server.Spells.SpellDamageTimerAOS.OnTick()
   at Server.Timer.Slice()
   at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)