RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spawn Map Editor Version 0.1

Most Recent Update: 05/01/2012, Version 0.1.1.0
Several usability improvements including brighter maps, hold-control-to-pan and frame rate limiting. The [spawnclear server command was updated to not delete pets (any BaseCreature who's ControlMaster != null).

Patch 0.1.1.1
Fixed an issue with the new data versioning system that was causing data to be rebuilt on every execution.

I am pleased to announce the release of Spawn Map Editor. This program (and included custom server commands) allow game masters to export existing Spawner objects from a running RunUO 2.2 server, visualize and edit them, and import them back into the server.

This program uses the default Spawner objects from the RunUO 2.2 script distribution so as to be compatible with other package and the NPC spawn generation utility.

Please keep in mind that this program has received very little real-world usage as of today. Please let me know about any bugs you find. I am also very interested in feature requests and suggestions.

Attached is a Zip file containing the program, custom commands script, usage documentation and source code. All contents are copyright (c) 2012 Norman B. Lancaster, and released under the GNU General Public License V3 (included).

Attachments

• SpawnMapEditor 0.1.1.1.zip
    384.8 KB · Views: 84

hungry4knowhow

Sorceror
Downloaded, and will start testing tonight/tomorrow Norman.

Feature Request off the bat:
Support for Nerun's Premium Spawner spawns
Support for XMLSpawner

Can not wait to play with this!

WARNING!!! I just updated the archive with a fixed server script file. The one I included miss-loaded the HomeRange with the value of the Walking Range, resulting in all of my spawners having a -1 HomeRange :D Please download the archive that's up now.

See, I told you there would be bugs :D

I will have to look at those two spawn packages and see about supporting them. I am not personally interested in providing this support because I do not use those packages. Good news is it's all open source :D

Draugr

Sorceror
I was running a copy of the Rebirth server and got the following errors when trying to launch the server after installing the script file as explained in the readme file.

If I remove the script and launch the server it works without the errors. What am I doing wrong?

---------------------------------------
Warnings:
+ Engines/Pathing/Movement.cs:
CS0105: Line 3: The using directive for 'System.Collections.Generic' appeare
d previously in this namespace
+ Misc/VendorGenerator.cs:
CS0105: Line 3: The using directive for 'System.Collections.Generic' appeare
d previously in this namespace
Errors:
+ SpawnMapEditor.cs:
CS0234: Line 19: The type or namespace name 'Generic' does not exist in the
namespace 'Server.Commands' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
----------------------------------------

Thanks,
John

Rebirth is based on RunUO 2.1, which this script does not "officially" support. I'll download the server and see if I can figure it out though, I want you to be able to use this :D

OK, so this would require a pretty big re-write of the command script. Is there any particular reason you are using the Rebirth server instead of the current release or SVN versions?

Draugr

Sorceror
Don't go too crazy. If the program requires RunUO 2.2 then I can try installing a fresh copy. My only question becomes this. Is there a worldfile or data file that has a fully decorated world? I mean has everything except spawns? I have no problem creating spawns from scratch with your tool, but if I had to decorate an entire shard from scratch I think the time required would be too much for me. My thoughts were to remove the wildlife, vendor, and monster spawns from Rebirth and then recreate brand new ones reusing the already decorated (doors, signs, decorations, etc...) world from Rebirth. Plus rebirth is nice because it blocks off access to anything other than Britannia. I'm a Ultima fan since 1985 when I got U3 for the C64, but I must admit. U7 and UO after the original release were paths I never followed so I have no clue about any of the add-on lands UO has released over the years. :)

Sorry for rambling.

Thanks again for sharing your program. :)

John

RunUO 2.2 ships with a save file that is almost fully decorated. I say almost because Haven Island in Trammel is not quite right (doors floating all over the place?). It's not right if you use the New Haven map (Client version 6+), old Haven (UO:R) or an unpatched map. Also, Magincia Island is decorated for the original map, not New Magincia. I'm not quite sure when that map change happened.

Also, the 2.2 version has region spawners already set up for the various fields (wheat, cotton, flax, sheep, etc). You just need to turn them on with a command.

Also, all vendors are pre-spawned. They appear blue, but if you respawn them they will be properly marked and colored invulnerable.

For my shard I am using RunUO 2.2 and starting with that default save file, and I plan on manually re-decorating and re-vendoring Haven and Magincia. And of course I intend on manually spawning the whole thing with this nifty program :D

Good to hear another Ultima 0ld-timer is around. I got hooked on Ultima 5 for the NES strangely enough. That was an awful game in terms of control and sound, but the game play really had me hooked. I later went back to all the other Ultimas that were set in Britannia. I did dabble with U8, but it just didn't grab me.

Once you get your server up you should PM me the address. I'd love to check it out.

Draugr

Sorceror
Norman,

If I get the server going and I'm happy with the results, I'll definitely let you know. I really love UO and have been away for far too long. In the past a partner and I built the world of Sosaria as it was in Ultima III Exodus. We called the game Ultima III: Online and it was all done except for spawns and related stuff. The map was complete and looked great. Sadly, we never got the shard up and I remember being bummed out that there was no easy, graphical spawner GUI that would have made spawn creation a snap. Now, I'm glad that there is finally such a program. :)

Wow, that sounds awesome! Do you still have the Exodus map files laying around? I'd love to use that for a Malas replacement on my server :D

Also, I just uploaded a patched version of the app that fixes several bugs. I've edited the first post with some details.

Draugr

Sorceror
Would it be outside the scope of this program to have region editing involved? Like being able to select an area via a click and drag process and then set whether the area is guarded, whether player housing is allowed within the area, what weather type can be found within, and something like what music tracks play in this region?

Just curious
Thanks
John

Is there someplace that has a maintained version of XMLSpawner and the GUI program that is compatible with RunUO 2.2? If so I may just want to contribute to that :D

Draugr

Sorceror
Norman,

I missed your post about the Exodus map. I'll see if I can find it anywhere.

I found that the old U3O website is still up. I never took it down. If your curious you could goto
http://soznet.net/u3o

John

hungry4knowhow

Sorceror
XMLSpawner already has a graphical spawn editor so no real point in adding support for it.
I'd like to see this Graphical Spawn Editor thats out for XML as well....cause its news to me.

Orbsydia has a 3.26 version of XML Spawner, with some merging you can easily incorporate it into your RunUO 2.2 setup.