RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[SPAWN SOLUTION FOR BIG REGIONS] SpawnRegion.cs

brodock

Sorceror
[SPAWN SOLUTION FOR BIG REGIONS] SpawnRegion.cs

I see this feature in nox-wizard and it's greate to be added in runuo...
you can set regions to spawn...
like i want to make a spawn in a big desert area..
so i define the region in the file and then what spawns i like there...
when the server start it makes how many spawns i defined with the things i want in the hole regions..
then if i put like animals it can walk only in the spawn region...
can't go out...
this is good to make spawn for animals and monsters and it makes easy to populate the entyre world

as this became implemented i suggest to have a [regionrespawn to reload the regions spawns...

Phlegyas

Sorceror
I agree. I come from POL, which had the same type of functionality. I remember a post where somebody was working on something like this. I'm not sure how far along they are, or if it is finished, but I am currently in the 'thinking it out' stage of developing this.

My ideas are to use an XML file that includes Regions, and SpawnGroups. Also, I'm thinking about some land tile checks to make sure mobiles that can't swim aren't spawned in the oceans, and to make sure no mobiles are spawned in mountains and such. I would also love to have a nice gump to edit the XML file.

As I've said though, I'm still thinking this through, or more technically, I'm in the "Requirements Gathering" stage :)

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

Thanks,
Phlegyas

I came from regionspawns too but they are not needed at all.

Take one spawner like I did, place it anywhere (say deciet island) and I set its range to 400 (makes a whole box around the island) and make 400 animals spawn. Viola. Region spawner compacted. I can directly change waht spawns, how much, time limits etc..

Good thing too, if its placed outside a multi, it wont spawn any in them, it also wont spawn in the water unless that npc can walk in it. It works great. Most of my dungeons are done like this too. Destard is only a few spawners. 1 for hte main area, 1 for the back, 1 for next level, 1 for aw.

Its something that COULD be added but right now, its fully functional via spawners in every way.