RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Special Target" + some other suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purethief

Wanderer
"Special Target" + some other suggestions

Hi...

I was wondering if it would be possible to get some "Special targets" implemented in Razor that could be selected AND SET with a hotkey?

Currently i have about 5 "Special target" macros i set to various things. The only drawback is that there is no hotkey to SET them. So i have to goto the macro and retarget the absolute target. I would really love to have some more Targets i can use in several macros. (Those 5 macros are just 1 liners)

While we are at targets... How about a "Target every item in a bag" function? This would enable a smelting agent for example. And the next request along that line is of course a "Use Item from Bag"

Ok while i am at it could you also release a list of commands that are supported in macros? So it would be possible to create an external macro editor?

Also is it possible to create if Statements for

- Hidden
- Overloaded
- Attacked

Thats it for now i think :)

Thanks a lot

blue_drac

Wanderer
I have an addition for the suggestions....

Boolian operators! (AND, NOT, OR)
Flexible loop syntax (DO WHILE....FOR NEXT.....)

Example:
Code:
 Do while "worn out" NOT in sysmsg
 Double click tools
 Button 21
 End while

Purethief

Wanderer
This can be achieved by

(Thats my Tailoring macro)

GumpResponse 21
If SysMessage ="worn"
Double click Tool
end if

Or for example (from my Healing training macro)

If Poisoned
else
if hits >= 80
use Green Potion
end if
end if

blue_drac

Wanderer
Purethief said:
This can be achieved by

(Thats my Tailoring macro)

GumpResponse 21
If SysMessage ="worn"
Double click Tool
end if
.... [snip]
Ok, but the FOR NEXT would take out a lot of extra coding. My mining macro is over 80kbytes long because I'm using 4 blocks of code that could be simplified by using a FOR NEXT loop.....

Currently, it uses a block similar to this:

Code:
 double click shovel
 wait for target
 absolute target (spot 1)
 wait 2.5 seconds
 lift type ore - 3
 drop to ship hold
 double click shovel
 wait for target 
 absolute target (spot 2)
 wait 2.5 seconds
 lift type ore - 3
  drop to ship hold

Cut and paste 16 to 20 times and you have the base of my boat miner. Instead of cut and pasting and causing bloat, it could be fixed with:

Code:
 [color=Red][b]FOR X = 1 to 20 STEP 1[/b][/color]
 double click shovel
  wait for target
  absolute target (spot 1)
  wait 2.5 seconds
  lift type ore - 3
  drop to ship hold
  double click shovel
  wait for target 
  absolute target (spot 2)
  wait 2.5 seconds
  lift type ore - 3
   drop to ship hold
 [color=Red][b]NEXT X[/b][/color]

That would trim a good 35 to 45 kbyes off my script if all my mining blocks were able to be looped

Zippy

Razor Creator
As I've said before these will never be added because Razor is not a macro tool to play UO for you. It's an assistant tool to help YOU play UO.

Purethief

Wanderer
Hi Zippy,

What about the Special target options? Can you consider adding them to Razor?
I would love to have say 5 of them or at least 1-2 :)

It really would ASSIST my style of play :)

Zippy

Razor Creator
I don't really understand what you're asking for....

You do know there's a "Set Last Target" action right?

Purethief

Wanderer
Yes... But i "cant work" with "just one" last target... The last target gets set to other things sooo easy...

For example... You run past me and you carry a Kryss of Vanq.... I Think sweet.. I want to have that and i set my "Special Target #1" macro to it... Then your buddy comey with a katana of Vanq.... Now i would be hosed with "only" last target... The solution i currently use is to manually map the katana to "Special target #2" Now i wait till either of you casts a spell and then i snatch the correspopnding weapon from your pack

An other example...

A Mage... I usually carry one "Temp" rune with me to goto the last spot... This rune i often loost/changed... If i want to replace the rune i would have to update the "recall to temp", "Gate to temp" , "Goto bank and mark this spot as Temp" and the "Mark as Temp" macro to all use the same rune. Since i might have more then one rune on me i cant use "target by type" for this macro... If i have a "Special target" i can write all macros to target this special target and i would only need to update one macro (Special Target temp Rune) after i die...

But as you can see about my Nick in this forum i am more interested in Example #1 : :eek: Example 1 requiers me to retarget the special target FAST since you most likely wont stop in front of me so i dont have the time to goto razor-> macros -> Special Target #1 -> retarget

Hope this makes sense now...

Purethief

Wanderer
Something i want to add to my request list about the special targets :)

The current solution i have is "slightly" flawed since i have a macro that calls another macro. Razor does support this only in a very limited way (By not returning controll to the calling macro) This currently only allows me to use these special targets (Impelemented as simple macros) as the last statement in a macro... Which kinda limites the use... (To be exact the "Recall to bank and mark this spot as temp" is not working)

Zippy

Razor Creator
I think this is outside the scope of what Razor does/wants to do. Razor is only ment to assist you, while it sounds like you are looking for more than "just some assistance."

Purethief

Wanderer
Well you implemented the friends list, which is a "collection of Players" and what i am asking for is really only a "Collection of Items". I only wanted to show the problems i run into when i am using razor the way i am thinking ;) This Item Collection would allow me one central place to "fix" my macros after i die since some items wont be available anymore. I dont see how this would greatly modify the way razor is currently working. The real problem i have with the current implementation of the macros is that they wont be able to "share" some items.

I still would need to "play" the game to use those features... I Dont want to Autopilot-UO... I just want to have it easier when some setups change.

Another example... "MyKryss" would allow me to poison my current weapon.

R

r00ted

a smelt agent wouldn't be that bad of an idea, UOAssist has/had it :) Set smelt bag, trigger the hotkey, it smelts every item inside the bag.

Zippy

Razor Creator
You yourself actually said you'd want it so you could potentially target 2 thigns in game and decide which one to actually steal later... That sounds to me like you want Razor to do some of the playing for you.

Anyways, its way different than the friends agent, and this isnt a question of whether its too hard to impliment... I think at this point we can safely say I already implimented everything anyone ever said was hard, and more. It's a question of purpose. I have said time and time again I do not want and will not allow Razor to become a scripting program. if I wanted to make a better EasyUO thats what I would have done. But I didnt. I made a better, free, UOA. That's what razor is. It's not going to have While or For loops, It's not going to walk anywhere you want, its not going to make you millions while you sleep.

And on the note of a smelt agent, as I've said before, this will not be implimented because it is very server specific and Razor is designed to work on any UO server (UOX, WP, RunUO, Sphere (I fucking hate Sphere btw. Sphere should die.), OSI, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.