RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Speed Hack Detection Help..

targetofhate

Wanderer
Speed Hack Detection Help..

Ok well this speedhack detection system isn't working as accurate as It should.

Should i consider hiring the 4 to a 5 maybe? Also... I was wondering how i would get this line of coding to send it to the staff only not broadcast to the players. Thanks...

line of coding i would like to get changed so it sends the message to staff only:

Code:
World.Broadcast( 0x35, true, "{0} was detected speedhacking!", e.NetState.Mobile.Name );

fastwalk.cs:
Code:
using System;
using Server;

namespace Server.Misc
{
	// This fastwalk detection is no longer required
	// As of B36 PlayerMobile implements movement packet throttling which more reliably controls movement speeds
	public class Fastwalk
	{
		private static int  MaxSteps = 4;			// Maximum number of queued steps until fastwalk is detected
		private static bool Enabled = true;		// Is fastwalk detection enabled?
		private static bool UOTDOverride = false;	// Should UO:TD clients not be checked for fastwalk?
		private static AccessLevel AccessOverride = AccessLevel.GameMaster; // Anyone with this or higher access level is not checked for fastwalk

public static void Initialize()
		{
			Mobile.FwdMaxSteps = MaxSteps;
			Mobile.FwdEnabled = Enabled;
			Mobile.FwdUOTDOverride = UOTDOverride;
			Mobile.FwdAccessOverride = AccessOverride;

if ( Enabled )
				EventSink.FastWalk += new FastWalkEventHandler( OnFastWalk );
		}

public static void OnFastWalk( FastWalkEventArgs e )
		{
			e.Blocked = true;//disallow this fastwalk
			Console.WriteLine( "Client: {0}: Fast movement detected (name={1})", e.NetState, e.NetState.Mobile.Name );
			World.Broadcast( 0x35, true, "{0} was detected speedhacking!", e.NetState.Mobile.Name );

}
	}
}

Quantos

Lord
Since there are no speedhacks, what are you talking about? Just disable the broadcast.

The only thing it is detecting is people with very fast internet connections.

jjarmis

Wanderer
LOL uhm... I've NEVER seen speed hack.... Well since RC0 anyway... The only thing that might be similar would be if they are using Razor or EasyUO to find/shop faster.

Quantos

Lord
There is no speed hack. All that the file is detecting is players with very fast internet connections. What can you do, tell them to switch to dial up?

Trust me, I know what I'm talking about.

<edit>No one has been the least bit concerned about fast walk since at least beta 24</edit>

RaZzi

Sorceror
Yes, there is speedhack. You just dont know where to look for it. And yes, it makes you run without horse faster than player with horse and without speedhack.

newbies13

Sorceror
b36 had tons of problems with speed hacks, adrenaline, speedingbullet, heck even mashing the resync with client button in razor would all make you FLY... weather those have been fixed in RC0 I don't know, since I just recently finished upgrading to it from b36.

Quantos

Lord
Again, I am highly doubtful of this. If there had ever been a working speed hack there would have been more posts regarding this in the past. As it is there have been a total of 5 posts (WOW, count them), including this one.

Hosebomber

Wanderer
The shard that my gf myself and 3 others are currently creating is solely meant for pvp. We have all had encounters with speedhacks on OSI. This was one of the first things that we tested once we got our shard up and running. YES, there is a speedhack and it does work. Using adrenaline my friend was able to leap off of my screen in less then 2 seconds running the speedhack. while I was mounted and actually playing on the computer running the server. His ping to the server at that point in time was 73ms while mine was (you guessed it) 0 because i'm sitting on the server. Speedhack does work and is very noticable. If anyone would like proof I would be glad to use the great record button in Razor and record him blowing me away and then him falling behind me when he turns it off. Or as an alternitive i could log on to your shard and out run you (that is if i have a ping in the area of 100ms or so. Just my 2 cent. :D

Quantos

Lord
Sure, try it out on my shard, the IP is 24.70.95.204. I'll monitor the console and join you when you log in.

newbies13

Sorceror
Well there is a way to disable speed hacks, as I know on IPY they had it implemented for a while ( I think zippy helped them with it) but it was also causing other problems like dexxers not swinging because it basically forced the players a tile or two behind. so on one screen you would be on a guys ass on the other your 2 tiles away hence you would never swing.

If you have a non buggy way of completly disabling all speedhacks feel free to post it, the fact remains though. There are speed hacks that work on run uo and they have been working a lot more recently then a few years ago :rolleyes:

Quantos

Lord
No they don't work. The character will rubberband. I know, I've tried it. The only way that they will work is if fastwalk is entirely disabled.

targetofhate

Wanderer
Sorry I did not explain this enough, Yes the script I posted above DOES in fact tell us when players aren't speedhacking. [Meaning it say global that they are speedhacking whenever they hit a lag spike, or even on a hi speed connection.] Adrenaline and the new one tavu released months back do not work if you have the line in fastwalk.cs disabled. I just wanted to know in general what it is you would do if I ever wanted the line to show up to the staff and not broadcast it to all the players as well.

slithers

Sorceror
well the line that says world.broadcast is what is broad casting it globally. have to look thru the documents to find how to broadcast to staff only. not much help i know but i havent written a script to send a message to the staff only.

Hosebomber

Wanderer
Quantos said:
Sure, try it out on my shard, the IP is 24.70.95.204. I'll monitor the console and join you when you log in.
I just attempted to connect to your shard and it failed.
sorry it took so long to reply (school just started... a bit busy around here)

Maybe try:

Code:
if (args.Mobile.AccessLevel < AccessLevel.Administrator)
			{
				World.Broadcast( 0x35, true, "{0} has been caught speedhacking!!", args.Mobile.Name );
			}

Not sure if that'll work but give it a try.

You could also maybe take a look at handlers.cs and see if that would help you. Take a look at how [SM (staff message) is handled

Sep102

Page
No, that will not work, all that it would do is only perform a World broadcast if the Mobile that caused the FastWalk to respond was of Administrator AccessLevel, which wouldn't even work anyways because his FastWalk class does not detect FastWalk on any Mobile of GameMaster AccessLevel or higher.

What I would suggest doing is writing a foreach loop that loops through all of the Mobiles in the world, checks if they are PlayerMobile, then checks their AccessLevel, if it is of staff level and at the level that you want, use the SendMessage method to send the message to only that Mobile.

Quantos

Lord
Hosebomber said:
I just attempted to connect to your shard and it failed.
sorry it took so long to reply (school just started... a bit busy around here)

Yes, it seems that www.whatismyipaddress.com is incapable of showing me what my external IP is. The utility www.no-ip.com has correctly identified it as 68.150.248.123. This problem generated some trouble for the players and staff members on the shard for some reason as well :)