RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spell visuals/graphics gone with latest updates

rubba

Wanderer
Spell visuals/graphics gone with latest updates

Im sure I can't be the only one, but I (stupidly) let the client update with the latest patches from OSI and updated to the latest Razor (otherwise you can't login) and now most of my spells graphics no longer appear...

Fireball and magic arrow still shoot out, but flamestrike and lightning where you used to see a bolt of lightning or a big ball of flame you see nothing... Same with Necro spells and teleporting around the house you used to get pink/purple sparkles now i just get a crappy white puff.

Have tried reinstalling and repatching to no avail :/ I also updated my bro's client on his PC and the same thing happened.

pinco

Sorceror
its true :(
but do this only with the 3d client...
I take the exe of the 5.0.6e and put it with the file of the 5.0.7.1 and razor 1.0.2 and the problem is solved :D
if zippy dont fix this bug I dont update razor.

jtg1001

Sorceror
I had the same thing happen and did what pinco did. Backed up the 5.0.6e exe, then updated, then replaced the new exe with the 5.0.6e file and all the new stuff is there and I still have the spell graphics. I don't use razor unless I'm connecting locally either.

I Cheat

Wanderer
I just tested this on a stock RunUO shard (AoS and Non-AoS).

Using Razor 1.0.4 & OSI Client 5.0.7.1 (2D): Flamestrike and Lighting graphics were shown.

Using OSI Client 5.0.7.1 (2D) with encryption removed: Flamestrike and Lighting graphics were shown.

Everything worked fine for me, is this only the 3D client?

rubba

Wanderer
I Cheat;625919 said:
I just tested this on a stock RunUO shard (AoS and Non-AoS).

Using Razor 1.0.4 & OSI Client 5.0.7.1 (2D): Flamestrike and Lighting graphics were shown.

Using OSI Client 5.0.7.1 (2D) with encryption removed: Flamestrike and Lighting graphics were shown.

Everything worked fine for me, is this only the 3D client?

Yeah sorry forgot to mention that, I use the 3d client.

Also has someone got a link to the older files mentioned earlier? Cause I cannot see any older versions on the razor site.

One of my mates also plays and he has not updated... I am just gonna try taking a copy of his directory structure and ghosting it over the top of mine, same with his older razor. It should theoretically work :p

pinco

Sorceror
is impossible to play without graphical effect because we dont understand nothing :|
Zippy, I think you can post the 1.0.2 with the 1.0.4 only for this time... who play with the 3d client cannot play with last version...
When the problem will be fixed you remove the older version, it's very easy ;)

Zippy

Razor Creator
This is a problem with 5.0.7 as far as I can tell this has nothing to do with Razor 1.0.4. Unless someone has tried 5.0.6e with an old Razor and that does not work?

You guys need to be more specific I am have a hard time understanding what problem you are actually having and what versions of what software you are running.

Yorgan

Wanderer
I'm afraid they're right, some spells use the 2d client effect on the PG head layer, but most of them simply don't have any effect, so that u can't see spells you cast or monsters cast at you. :(
You can't see bolts, flamestrikes, explosions, but, even worse, spells like paralyze or poison, and the spell fizzles, teleportations and so on, so that u don't understand what happens around you.

3d client with the latest Razor version is quite unplayable.

pinco

Sorceror
OK, I have done some tests...

1) OSI with uotd 5.0.7.1 and NO RAZOR -> all OK
2) OSI with uotd 5.0.7.1 and RAZOR 1.0.4 -> NO GRAPHICAL EFFECTS
3) UOD (RUNUO 2.0 SHARD) with 5.0.7.1 and RAZOR 1.0.4 -> NO GRAPHICAL EFFECTS
4) UOD (RUNUO 2.0 SHARD) with 5.0.6e and RAZOR 1.0.4 -> all OK

I think the problem still in the new decrypt code for new client...

EDIT: after the tests when I start razor 1.0.4 with uotd 5.0.6e the game never start and return an error...

Zippy

Razor Creator
This has nothing to do with the decryption stuff, please don't make blind guesses based on zero information.

I cannot find any cause for this bug in Razor itself (it does not block these packets, and it doesn't make any changes to any parts of the client related to these packets, in fact it doesn't make any changes to the client at all unless you have certain options turned on (cpu reduction, old status bar, etc) and most of those options do not even work for the 3d client).

To be honest I don't really feel bad for you, I cannot stand the 3D client. Looking at it long enough to test this bug made me want to pull my own eyes out. With a fork. I really would like to fix this for you guys though, but I cannot think of anything that could cause it. I'm at a loss. If anyone who speaks good english can attempt to explain which spells this does/does not happen with or specifically which effects are affected that would be helpful. So far as I can tell this is all "Hued Effects" which is basically any effect shown on the client which is not a projectile, not a particle effect, and not lightning. If this is wrong or incomplete let me know.

Until someone supplies more information or some such, theres not a lot I can do. it would also be useful to me if someone can test this on client 5.0.7.0. My understanding right now is this is not a problem in 5.0.6e but is a problem in 5.0.7.0 and up.

Zippy said:
To be honest I don't really feel bad for you, I cannot stand the 3D client. Looking at it long enough to test this bug made me want to pull my own eyes out. With a fork.
The 3D client isn't worth spoiling teh silverware. Use the cheap plastic ones :D

jtg1001

Sorceror
I hope this will help a little bit. I use 3D client and my effects are what appear to be the 2d effects or no effect when I am using 5.0.7.0 and up. If I use 506e, then the graphics/effects are just fine. I do not use razor very often so without making any great guesses, I would say that razor has nothing to do with it. I won't speculate farther than that.

rubba

Wanderer
In the 3D Client

Magery Spells:
Fireball - shoots out the fireball
Magic Arrow - shoots out the arrow
Ebolt - shoots out bolt
Lightning - no graphic
Explosion - no graphic
Flamestrike - no graphic
Mind Blast - no graphic
Spell Fizzle - used to throw out smoke or something from your torso - now shows nothing

Spirit Speak which used to throw sparkles out from your torso, now does nothing.

Necro Spells:
Poison strike - used to look like a green gas cloud with skulls now has some dodgy looking explosion above your character (possible the 2d graphic?)
Pain Strike - no graphic at all
Wither - used to have a cloud of ice come out surrounding ur char - now its just some crap looking blue blob above the char (2d client graphic?).

Teleporting around my house on the tele pads used to show long pinky/purple sparkles where you dissapear and reapper. Now I get a crappy white puff graphic (which I also beleive to be the 2d client graphic for tele).

How are you guys just using 506e? Are you just replacing the .exe file with the older one from that patch release?

jtg1001

Sorceror
I'm replacing the exe. I back up the 506e exe, then patch, then use the 506e exe again, which allows the "new" stuff to be in game. It seems to work alright.

rubba

Wanderer
I tried getting my mate to send me his client.exe file (he currently has his visuals) and I tried with his version of razor but that wouldn't let me login.

Logs in with razor 1.04 but I still have no spell graphics :/

Is it not client.exe that needs to be replaced?

Malaperth

Wanderer
It just occurred to me that OSI may have changed more than just the silly winter scene they implemented in the latest patch(s). Does anyone know how things work now on the OSI shards?

HellRazor

Knight
I took a look at the map and it doesn't appear they have changed anything on the map itself. Unless they've come up with a new method, I believe they are using the winter "season" packet to make the terrain appear as snow. That season used to be incomplete but if I'm right they must have finished the missing winter transitions.