RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sql?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IamProdigy

Traveler
Anyone have any idea how to output tons of things like account info, etc to MySQL? I can't seem to find anything relevant to runuo2.5, or any for that matter.

daat99

Staff member
You'll need to export the saves to SQL.
You can start by adding code to the deserialize method of any object you want to output so it'll write the data it reads to SQL.

IamProdigy

Traveler
I figured that much, but the meat behind this is in a script somewhere ;) Im after the pot of gold I guess, not the trails leading to the map I think.

daat99

Staff member
I don't understand what you are asking.
RunUO doesn't support "export to SQL", if you want that functionality than you need to implement it.

IamProdigy

Traveler
so basically, your telling me there is no script that would make it easier for me to accomplish this? Hard to believe runuo hasn't implemented sql in some form or another and no one yet has a solution.

Dian

Sorceror
The closest thing to what you are asking for might be within the MyRunUO system, that (I think) dumps specific player info into an sql based website. But there is nothing that I have ever seen already done that does what you want. Just a few little things here and there that do similar stuff.

Daat99, he is, in simple terms, looking for something already written for him to use, not having to write the script himself.

And Daat99 is correct, you would be on your own to write the scripts, aside from asking for people here to help you along the way with issues you might encounter.

IamProdigy

Traveler
Using mysqlwrite from yet another project, I'm am to presume, it is possible to write this data to MySQL. However, the wiki they use is ambiguous at best. There is no way of determining on my end how to implement it unless I understand the core basics, I think. A good tut on using mysqlwrite from mysql-read-write-saver at http://code.google.com/p/mysql-read-write-saver/ would be helpful. I cant understand anything the wiki has for usage of any useful data injection.

Dian

Sorceror
Oh, dont misunderstand us, what you want to do is perfectly possible, and wouldnt take an experienced programmer/coder much of a day or two to get something lined out and working. Entering in the guts after that is where the time would be.

Its just not much coding has been done to work with a website or sql tables, beyond MyRunUO.. a few scattered web based account creation systems.. So you will be needing to lead the development on creating this, unless you can find someone to do the foundation for you.

IamProdigy

Traveler
Age of Valor has released their source for the entire server and in that they wrote a complicated form of what Im seeking. It covers ever aspect for saving and I would pay for this, honestly.

IamProdigy

Traveler
You misunderstood me or maybe I wasn't clear enough. I would pay to have it implemented on my server. I compared the code for instance in their Account.cs to my own and found it wasn't commented to a degree that I could understand all of their changes. They have a few things already modded im sure that have nothing to do with the script and I don't understand enough scripting yet to extract for my own needs.

daat99

Staff member
IamProdigy
It's clear that you don't want to write anything yourself and considering this forums is for "script support" (aka we are supporting you while you write your own code) than I doubt you'll find what you are looking for in the script support forum.

If you want to "hire" someone to do this for you than please visit the "Help Wanted" forum and post your desires there in the hope that someone will give you what you want.

If you ever decide to start writing something than feel free to open another thread in the script support forum for further assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.