RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Starting Point

Sachin Esha

Wanderer
So i been playing somewhat with charcreation.cs ( since i know this is where new players starting point is) but have yet to attempt to change the location. Reason being is, that as it is now, there like 9 times with references to newchar and starting points in the script. So just about how to begin this fun journey is a little never racking. At the beginning of the charcreation.cs is where i shall start but i'm very open for any suggestions from anyone who has already done this and might know of mistakes i'm headed for by exp's of their own. Input always appreciated. Thanks guys

Dian

Sorceror
Are you wanting to create a stating point for any and all characters, or different locations dependent on what the character creates?

the reason there are multiple entries in the distro, is because depending on what kind of character you create will determine where that character starts in the world..
You can simplify this to one location if that is what you want, and is how I have done mine. You would simply find that starting point you want, and change each of the entries you see to that one location.

private static readonly CityInfo m_NewHavenInfo = new CityInfo( "New Haven", "The Bountiful Harvest Inn", 3503, 2574, 14, Map.Trammel );

That is the NewHaven starting location for instance. If you want to make that the location for any character created, just replace the other entries you find with this one as well.. Comment out the ones you replace though, for reference later on, should you need it.

Dian

Sorceror
Example;

Under where listed.. case 6: //Samurai
return new CityInfo( "Samurai DE", "Haoti's Grounds", 368, 780, -1, Map.Malas );

Comment that one out too, and replace with return new CityInfo( "New Haven", "The Bountiful Harvest Inn", 3503, 2574, 14, Map.Trammel );

Just use whatever location details you are wanting .

Dian

Sorceror
You dont need it to be coded as an area. CityInfo is; CityInfo(string city, string building, int x, int y, int z, Map m)

So being it only needs a string (or text entry) for city and building entries, it can be anything and does not need further reference from anywhere. You can enter any 'string' name you like.
So for example, your black zone..

return new CityInfo( "Starting Black Zone", "Newbie Safe Zone", 555, 1555, 2, Map.Trammel )

The words city and town names in the string areas can be anything you like.

Of course, there is always a chance i am wrong.. Its been years ago since editing these entries myself.. but pretty certain its accurate.

If not, you would only need to create a region for that starting area, so that your names given are actually real areas, for code sake. But I dont think you would need to do that.

Also, the one different line that is private static readonly CityInfo m_NewHavenInfo = new CityInfo( "New Haven", "The Bountiful Harvest Inn", 3503, 2574, 14, Map.Trammel );
You again, only need to replace the line, new CityInfo( your modified starting area properties ) after the m_NewHavenInfo =