RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Static Exporter (to .cfg decoration file)

Ok just one question about the way deco command works and this script. So say i create a deco file using this script and i toss it in the deco fold then i use the deco command but i have already used the deco command to load the default runuo decos. Will using the command cause the default decos to laod a second time thus causeing clutter on my shard or will it disregard spawning decos if they have already been spawned?

P.S. Forgot to say nice script should save a whole lot of time during upgrades not to mention im sure others will be sharing thier custom decos eventually :)

Gator81

Wanderer
there was a post somewhere else saying that it shouldnt respawn anything that is already decorated. I would just make a full backup of everything and try it, if it fails just reinstall your backup.

and Nerun thanks for a great script, I have been asking for somthing that would do this.

Edit:
Nerun - I have tried your script and I cannot get it to grab the statics withing the x1 y1 and x2 y2 coords. It makes the cfg file and everything but it says 0 statics saved. I dont know what I am doing wrong. I even tried this with a couple things that i placed in a closer area and it still didnt capture.
next question? it will capture everything that is static in the box no matter the z coord? so if i am wanting to capture all the statics from a 2 story it will do both levels?

nerun

Sorceror
strange it worked so fine here... had you select the right coordenates guys?

First select a coordinate at South-West position and then a coordinate at North-East position. Example:

1) 1429 1698
2) 1434 1693

In other words:

X1 <= X2
Y1 >= Y2

Go to the positions i give to you to understand the format of the box in game.

If you select others position (from North-West to South-East), you will not make THE RIGHT BOX... ok ok, it is a box too, but not that that works with this script.

Gator81

Wanderer
nerun said:
strange it worked so fine here... had you select the right coordenates guys?

First select a coordinate at South-West position and then a coordinate at North-East position. Example:

1) 1429 1698
2) 1434 1693

In other words:

X1 <= X2
Y1 >= Y2

Go to the positions i give to you to understand the format of the box in game.

If you select others position (from North-West to South-East), you will not make THE RIGHT BOX... ok ok, it is a box too, but not that that works with this script.

what I did, is on a house that I have decorated I went to the outside the building to the top left or the west sout side I typed in [where I then went to the bottom right or the north east side and typed in [where I then opened my journal so i can see the coords and type in [staticexport test x1 y1 x2 y2 and hit enter, after this it created the file and said 0 statics saved.
I basically used the little picture you have at the top showing the positions to get the coords.

any suggestions?

Talrol

Wanderer
Was this a static house that you built and then used the freeze command on? From Nerun's description of the program that's what it's used for, I am not sure he meant it to be used on player houses created using the house placement tool.

If you're looking for a tool that does that for house placements, look up Arya and do a find all posts by her...you'll find a great script that does just that.

Gator81

Wanderer
I have tried every method that has been recomended, I have tested this with a house that I built from ground up and froze and moved the files and reloaded. I have tried the brit bank which is pretty much the coords that he had shown in his example. and it hasnt captured any statics.
this tool can only be great, and just what I have been looking for, but nothing that I have tried so far has worked.

Talrol - I have the Arya's addongen and it has been a great tool, I also work with uoar wich has been of great help. but nothing would convert decoration to a config file untill nerun released this.

It would be nice to find out what I could be doing wrong.

nerun

Sorceror
I tested it with [add static "number" (with Pandora's Box), cause statics has Movable = false and Decays = false too. If one or another is not = false, then statics = 00 saved. I do not know if is this. Is good to test.

nerun

Sorceror
I tested with stone and plaster house, it exported 3 statics: the house, the door and the sign. But the door do not open.

Gator81

Wanderer
nerun said:
I tested it with [add static "number" (with Pandora's Box), cause statics has Movable = false and Decays = false too. If one or another is not = false, then statics = 00 saved. I do not know if is this. Is good to test.

I tried this creating a small box fence, I checked all the props on each segment of the fence and they were movable and decay = false. these was set with pandoras box and it didnt work.

I also tried the same small plaster house. i did this in green acres and this is how i did it
I placed it using a houseing tool
I then when to the back left of the house and typed in [where
then the bottom right and typed in [where
i opend my journal to view the coords and typed in:

[staex test 5572 1199 5580 1206
(cmd filename x1 x2 y1 y2)
hit enter and recived this message

Your region is Green Acres.
Saving Statics...
you exported 0 statics from the facet.

what could I be doing different then you? and it works for you but not me?

nerun said:
I tested with stone and plaster house, it exported 3 statics: the house, the door and the sign. But the door do not open.

yes anything that is exported while in a house becomes nonfunctional no matter what script you use be it this one or aryas addon generator items will be stuck in place and nonusable and doors and also the house sign will cease to function also. As of right now there is no way to "save and move" a house placed with the tool or even a house built from gound up if its loaded with items in it. But perhapse some day some one will write a script that will recognize doors signs and items and save them properly or even export all to a script so the house may simply be added in game.

Gator81

Wanderer
that resolved my problems.

the way your drew your box in the first post is what confused me. that is why when i tried to explain each step when i did the house. When I did the house I said that i went to the back left and type in [where well the back left is wrong. It needed to be the front left and the back right of the house.

thanks for enduring my questions, this will help me out alot..

nerun

Sorceror
new release

In this new release the exporte is now more accurate, exporting hue informations and moongate map destination and point destination.

Boulder

Sorceror
static exporter

it worked but how do i get the doors to work
or would i be better off frezzing then make a patch if so will all items in house be there
also players found out bye going to secound floor they get stuck
any ideals

nerun

Sorceror
Boulder said:
it worked but how do i get the doors to work
or would i be better off frezzing then make a patch if so will all items in house be there
also players found out bye going to secound floor they get stuck
any ideals

It need to be scripted. List all doors items, then add each one in the script...

advani

Wanderer
ok i really wanted this you saved me very awesome 1 problem no intructions and another one when you type [decoracte it will decorate the whole word not the expecifict decoration you made ;). (sorry for my english)

Greystar

Wanderer
advani said:
ok i really wanted this you saved me very awesome 1 problem no intructions and another one when you type [decoracte it will decorate the whole word not the expecifict decoration you made ;). (sorry for my english)

when you type Decorate it will indeed decorate the whole world UNLESS you have already used it once. It will not redecorate places you've already decorated... I have used the command more then once and dont have duplicate decorations.

nerun

Sorceror
Greystar said:
when you type Decorate it will indeed decorate the whole world UNLESS you have already used it once. It will not redecorate places you've already decorated... I have used the command more then once and dont have duplicate decorations.

Exactly. That's why i did decorations files instead addon scripts.