RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Static names - please read!

kirax2

Wanderer
Static names - please read!

Hi folks, been a while since I've been on. I've been searching for the answer to a problem I've been having, but I can't seem to find it. I hope someone can point me in the right direction. :)

I often use items in ways that are different from what OSI intended. An example of this would be a "teleporter" (0x17CF or 6095). I used that tile purely decoratively in the creation of my most recent map. It's frozen into the statics.mul file. Using a tiledata editor, I changed the name of the tile from "teleporter" to "mosaic". However, when I load up the map and single click on the tile, the tag that pops up is still "teleporter". When I do a props on the tile it correctly lists the name as "teleporter", but when I single-click it directly, it's wrong. I tried making an item script with the name listed as "mosaic", but as soon as the tile is frozen into the statics file, it turns back into a "teleporter".

So, where is the client drawing the name from? I don't think it's the tiledata, since I changed that. Is there a cliloc number somewhere that it's reading that I could change? Or is it coming from somewhere else?

I have a *lot* of tiles that I'm having problems like this with, and I'd really apprectiate the help.

Thanks very much,
kirax2
P.S. On an unrelated note, can someone remind me of what the command for "repeat last string sent" is? I asked about it once but I can't seem to find the old message, even searching under my own name. Thanks again! :)

psz

Administrator
CTRL-Q retypes the previous command, IIRC.

As for the static names, these are built into the Client via the CLILOC files. You would have to edit the CLILOC files, then provide your players with any modifications you have made.

This is not a RunUO issue.

kirax2

Wanderer
psz said:
CTRL-Q retypes the previous command, IIRC.
I *knew* it had something to do with "Q"!

psz said:
As for the static names, these are built into the Client via the CLILOC files. You would have to edit the CLILOC files, then provide your players with any modifications you have made.
Wonderful! With TheOutkastDev's supremely excellent Cliloc editor, changing clilocs is easy. ^_^

*later* Having played around with it a little I now see how the Cliloc number relates to the ID number. This is absolutely terrific, because it will also allow me to enter in names of tiles that I've added to the game that, up until now, have registered as "null" when made into statics.

psz said:
This is not a RunUO issue.
I understand, and I'm sorry for posting in the wrong forum - until I knew the answer I wasn't sure which forum the question belonged in! *laughs* I'm so very grateful to you for your prompt and extremely helpful reply! Mods, feel free to move this post to wherever is appropriate if you feel it necessary.

Thank you again!
-Janice
aka kirax2