RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

still cant get beta's to save over eachother??

H

hydroxtrem

still cant get beta's to save over eachother??

I built a huge building on my beta 4 server and i dont want to have to redo it over and over again each time we get a new beta, so how do i make it so i keep what i have from beta 4 to beta 5?

kada20

Wanderer
Same thing im wondering, ive added some statics like the bridge down in shame levell 2 is impassible until i added some statics to fill in the gap and also ive added some gates at dungeon entrances and i dont want to have to go back and redo these so what do i do when a new beta comes out??

Pheyte

Wanderer
If you're building are static, it's now with you're mul files so you can take all version it will be always here

if not you simply have to take bin files which are the save files of the world.

SickLab

Wanderer
But why are you building stuff?

A beta stand for developing, or testing.

I don't see why we would want to build constructions.?

D

DSimmon

Building things would be nice. Then as the beta server evolves, so could our shards.
Slowly implement things into our world as they become available.
As long as the item is available in the next version ( or is written the same ).

Delta

Wanderer
Yes true but this is a beta not everything that is implemented is complete 100% we are evolving things including things in the emu already.

H

hydroxtrem

the building i am makeing is just statics, and the reason im doing this is to test what things do work and what doesnt, im basically doing everything that osi does on their shards to see what is bugged and what isnt. not just to evolve my server. but to evolve runuo into the final version :)

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
Namespaces are changing from one version to the next.

Therefore dont try to save your world from one version to the next.

eleni

Wanderer
And I thought it was just me missing something.
I do have a worry if there isn't a fixed standard for storing item/char data.
When there is a full release, don't we risk losing all our shard info if there is a new core release after that.

Also (maybe this is the wrong place to bring this up and I apologise first)
Looking at the way this data is stored is their to be a way for the system admin to keep track of what his/her GM's are creating

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
you people are thinking so far ahead of where RunUO is.

When we get to that point it will have that capability.

Etalicus

Sorceror
:evil:
Ryan it does seem people are forgeting that this is a beta
:) but maybe its because it seems to run better than some of
those other things, it a good thing.
:twisted:

eleni

Wanderer
I think my problem is that I tend to consider every piece of UO type software as beta, nothing is ever finished it develops :D