RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Still Connecting...

moocow

Wanderer
Still Connecting...

Whenever i bring my shard online noone including myself can get on it. I put in the password and it goes to the shard select screen like normal, then when i click the shard it stops at connecting and freezes. Of course when i go offline and my ip is 127.0... I can go on just fine. Its something with me going online and i think its the ip but i don't know how to fix it. My friend has all the same files as me and he brings it online just fine.

moocow

Wanderer
i dont know

i dont know but even if i was, i would think that other people would be able to. Also i looked and right when i select the shard i look at the runuo.exe msdos program thats up and it instantle disconnects me from the server. I thought that might mean something. How do i see if im behind a router?

Phantom

Knight
Read the Newbie post in the General Forum,

Open: ServerList.cs

[code:1]e.AddServer( "RunUO Test Center", new IPEndPoint( addressList[addressList.Length - 1], Listener.Port ) );

// If you're running behind a router, use the following line instead:
// e.AddServer( "RunUO Test Center", new IPEndPoint( IPAddress.Parse( "__PUT_YOUR_IP_HERE_" ), Listener.Port ) );[/code:1]

Follow the instructions

L

Lost User

Er... Okay. You'd have a box sitting over there which your computer(s) plug into, which plugs into your modem or whatever you use to access the internet. Mine's about twice the size of my cable modem.

From what you were saying, it doesn't sound like you do.

Do you have a firewall (or windows XP, it comes with one)? If so, make sure it's not blocking the port you're running RunUO on (usually 2593).

Also, 127.0.0.1 means 'this computer'. It just sends whatever you tell to go there right back to your computer.

moocow

Wanderer
router

how do you see if you are behind a router? And in the serverlist file that you just showed me, if i use the router do i just delete the first few lines of it so its just the router?

L

Lost User

Crikey. If you don't know whether you're behind a router or not, we can't help you. You really should know if one's there. Follow the wires from your computer if you have to.

L

Lost User

Actually, here's an easy way. What's your IP? If it is something like 192.168.something, then you're behind a router.

moocow

Wanderer

my telephone line goes to a modem inside the tower. Theres no "big box" or anythihng, my ip is 67.227.###.## when im on the internet. I dunno what the hell i should do. Ive tried everything including swaping files with a friend and entering my ip into the serverlist under if your using a router use this line instead where it says __YOURIPHERE_ or whatever it says. Anything else it might be?

Vanyel

Wanderer
I am having same problem. but I am unable to log in where as others can. I am the host. I changed the port to 2594 since i currently run a sphereserver on 2593. I had someone test it and they were able to log in but alas i am unable to. I am running Windows XP Professional. As far as I know there is no firewall running. I am not on a router but am connected to a 4 port hub with 3 other file servers. I am running a web server a sphereserver on ports 80 and 2593. As I stated others can connect. My uo directory is g:\uo\ and i have client 203a. Soo what is my problem hehe.

David

Moderate
I had the same problem after I created a firesteed... I logged in as a new account and walked to where the firesteed was, that account then had the login problems. Could something like that be your problem? I had to wipe the world to fix it.

David

Vanyel

Wanderer
Not sure but I could not even log in for the first time. A player had to. I wonder is there a place to add accounts maybe?