RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[SVN 278]Prospector Tool Issues

koluch

Sorceror
[SVN 278]Prospector Tool Issues

* Once an area is prospected it never resets(ie-the message that the area has already been prospected) althrough the ores do now that they are random.

Bug?
Fix?
Or are Prospector Tools now another fairly useless item?

Thanks for any imput!

Koluch

it does not "reset" until the vein has been emptied and respawned

but if you have it so the ore coming out is random each strike, then it is useless, because that has overwriten the vein properties, and just selects random ore (this was an issue with Daats system)
same with the gargoyle pick axe then also

this is because it "picks" the ore to give AFTER it has decided what is comming out

either turn random ores off, or keep the tools as useless

(by random ores i mean that each hit with the pick axe you can get a different random ore, not that the veins are randomized with each restart)

koluch

Sorceror
Thanks Grey :]

Yeah was the change in the SVN - always thought the ores should "respawn" randomly after a vein is emptied, so players cant mark and camp just the few they want to get :]
Im testing it again now to see if the tool is useful once the respawned ore has occured :]

koluch

i just have mine set to radomize upon restarts,
this way - can mine that spot for longer than just 1 sitting

but i also have daily restarts, so they can't camp a spot either for more than a day :eek:

snicker7

Sorceror
Resurrecting this one. I found out the true issue here...

Prospector's Tools simply check to see if the bank's *current* vein is different from the default vein for that bank:
Code:
			HarvestVein vein = bank.Vein, defaultVein = bank.DefaultVein;

if ( vein == null || defaultVein == null )
			{
				from.SendLocalizedMessage( 1049048 ); // You cannot use your prospector tool on that.
				return;
			}
			else if ( vein != defaultVein )
			{
				from.SendLocalizedMessage( 1049049 ); // That ore looks to be prospected already.
				return;
			}

With the randomization of banks turned on, the CheckRespawn method of HarvestBank, only sets the *current* vein and never resets the *default vein* even though it really ought to (randomized ores are changing the default bank)
Code:
		public void CheckRespawn()
		{
			if ( m_Current == m_Maximum || m_NextRespawn > DateTime.Now )
				return;

m_Current = m_Maximum;

if ( m_Definition.RandomizeVeins )
			{
				m_Vein = m_Definition.GetVeinFrom( Utility.RandomDouble() );
			}
			else
			{
				m_Vein = m_DefaultVein;
			}
		}

the line