RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[SVN] Dupe command 3.0

Kamron

Knight
Corpsecrank;805590 said:
I see but in the off chance you did run into something weird that had issues I would throw a check into this to eliminate further hassles.

Not exactly easy to determine what things may cause problems without duping the object once.

You could create an interface called INonDupable or something similar, and inheret that for items which cannot be duped. Then check the IEntity to see if its of that type.

Also you could create an interface called ICustomDupe or something similar, and if the IEntity is of that type, it uses a custom Serialization/Deserialization method as well.

Kamron

Knight
I found a bug inheret with serialization. Some items serialize Entities (such as the Effect Controller, and the Parent in the core). I did not experience this bug because I use a reader.ReadEntity from the core, however I have heard it causes accessibility issues for standard RunUO distros.