RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[SVN] Old-Style Font

Shino90

Sorceror
Description
This is a patch made for the current latest SVN revision (709) to convert all messages sent by the server to the old font (using AsciiMessage instead of UnicodeMessage). Most of the changes are made in the core.

Preview

(Screenshots taken in client 7.0.16.1)

Download
The attached patch file is the easiest way to apply the changes, but it only works on hardly modified SVN checkouts of revision 709. If you can't apply it automatically, I suggest opening the .patch file in a color-highlighting editor (like Notepad2) to see where changes need to be made.

I've also added the resulting scripts after applying the patch, for use as example. It's not a good idea to just overwrite your files with those, this will very likely result in errors all over. Look at the .patch file and do the edits manually.

After applying the changes, recompile your core!

Technicalities
Since localized messages are shown in the new font by default on the client, all messages are converted to text (using a Cliloc file) server-side and sent like that.

Clients will still see the new font when clicking client-side statics. The client doesn't query the server for these names, so there's nothing you can do about that server-side. GM added statics on your server do work, and will show the old font.

Acknowledgments
This patch was inspired by the Rebirth/Divinity/Revelation servers. I was asked how to do this and produced this patch. It is not the official version those servers used. If you want to get that, see Rebirth source release posted by Zippy.

Attachments

• OldStyleText.patch
    12.5 KB · Views: 103
  • ResultingScripts-Example.zip
    63.4 KB · Views: 79