RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Swimming

Macil

Sorceror
Swimming

I'm reletively new to RunUO but have been with UO for almost 4 years. I was just curious if it may be possible to make it so players could swim in a shard? I'm not sure how much use you'd get out of it, but it'd be nice for role playing purposes.

neimen

Wanderer
get a seahorse and have your gm/admin set the character's "can swim" props to "true"

of course, that will need to be changed when on land...

and sea horse won't move on land...

Kamron

Knight
Phantom.. please.. you are so quick to jump to conclusions..

Okay, make a godwalk verdata using VERy. Set your client to use it (in uo.cfg) Then set your CanSwim property to true. Then go and swim.

runicsmith

Wanderer
Sea horse

Note: if you dismount a sea horse it will follow you on land. (At least they do on my shard) The only problem I have seen with the sea horse are the occasional drop-offs in the water where your Z drops and the world turns black. (its pretty funny)

Hey Phantom, you used a double negative which would mean it is possible.

Kamron

Knight
follow my instructions. I would know if it works, i did it.

And if it doesnt work with regular client, it definately will work with krrios.

otimpyre

Sorceror
Im gonna try using the Morphing characters into animals script then turn into a sea horse and then try set canswim true. Then using a sea horse will be swimming SMARTY PANTS hehe
This would be a good idea for a Merfolk race have shapeshift into seahorses a innate ability. Plus be great for fisherman they could run around find the spot the want and place a boat. No more stupid tiller commands getting to a good spot.

T

Triant

or.. you can just make a command thats shifts CanSwim to true and false... that should work to.. I dont remember if you need Cantwalk or whatever it was false for moving around in water.. but... you will notice..

Nagozi

Sorceror
how about a custom map solution?

i saw something on 'orbsydia.ca' a long time ago that was kind of swimming. Someone created a custom map using a type of water tile you could walk on; placed it at say 'Z' axis (-10) and then put a clear blood tile set at 'z' axis
(-5) over it. Thus creating an illusion of water you could sink into. Very creative! And it simulates swimming.