RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

System.ArgumentException: The path is not of a legal form.

roadmaster

Sorceror

Im in the process of converting from 1.0.0 to 2.0 and ive come accross this crash, it says 11 errors but only gives the one, and its not very helpfull, anyone know what it means? I have no idea where to look.

heres the crash log.

RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.0, Build 2357.32527
Core: Running on .NET Framework Version 2.0.50727
Core: Running with arguments: -debug
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (11 errors, 0 warnings)
Errors:
Error:
at System.IO.Path.NormalizePathFast(String path, Boolean fullCheck)
at System.IO.Path.GetFullPathInternal(String path)
at System.IO.Path.GetFullPath(String path)
at Server.ScriptCompiler.Display(CompilerResults results)
at Server.ScriptCompiler.CompileCSScripts(Boolean debug, Assembly& assembly)
at Server.ScriptCompiler.Compile(Boolean debug)
at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)
This exception is fatal, press return to exit

this is the full crash log it doesnt show any other errors. Can anyone give me an idea of where to look for the problem.

roadmaster

Vhaerun

Sorceror
Did you try to run it without the -debug mode? That might give you the unlisted 11 errors.

From what little I can see, it seems that you are missing a part of the RunUO 2.0 scripts. Did you move anything around? What did you try to exactly? Do you have any custom scripts installed or is it a fresh install of 2.0?

Lord Neo

Sorceror
roadmaster said:
Im in the process of converting from 1.0.0 to 2.0 and ive come accross this crash, it says 11 errors but only gives the one, and its not very helpfull, anyone know what it means? I have no idea where to look.

heres the crash log.

this is the full crash log it doesnt show any other errors. Can anyone give me an idea of where to look for the problem.

roadmaster

You got a script in a folder named with characters that runuo dont like, ie. Pirates (updated), or Sates Quest 1.0(3a). I renamed the folders without the special characters and it worked for me.

roadmaster

Sorceror
Thank you Lord Neo apparently you were closest to the source of the problem, i had two custom files with special characters in thier names.

(UO 3D Only)Parrot.cs
and
ChiefParoxysmus(Normal One).cs

after taking both files out of server it compiled fine, after putting them back in with no mods the server crashed again with the same Error. I changed thier names to:

Only3DParrot.cs
and
ChiefParoxysmusNormalOne.cs

and server compiled fine. Thank you everyone for your replies.

roadmaster