RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

system.xml ....?

r00ted

Wanderer
OK this simply does not make any sense....I've uninstalled, reinstalled, "repaired" etc...the .NET Framework multiple times now on my Windows Vista 32 bit Home system....

And Razor still keeps giving me the following message:

System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Assistant.Counter' threw an exception. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Xml, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'System.Xml, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'
at Assistant.Counter.Load()
at Assistant.Counter..cctor()

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Assistant.Counter.Default()
at Assistant.Profile.MakeDefault()
at Assistant.Profile..ctor(String name)
at Assistant.Config.LoadLastProfile()
at Assistant.Engine.Main(String[] Args)

And here's another one....after installing the 1.1 version even:
System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Assistant.Counter' threw an exception. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Xml, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'System.Xml, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'

To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Keeps pointing to System.xml....?

Is there a way to POINT Razor.exe to the system.xml file....?

Secondly...these error messages seem to point to a 2.0.0 version.....BUT, when I attempted to install .NET 2.0 - it told me it's not "compatible" with Windows Vista....so what gives? I'd think v4 would cover v1-4, correct?

And here's another one.....the loading window actually got as far as "Loading default profile" then errored out....?

r00ted

Wanderer
And for what it's worth....the paint.NET application runs perfectly fine on my system....no problems what so ever, and it too, uses .NET Framework....

r00ted

Wanderer
Strange......no matter what I tried, Razor still will not run.....though interesting enough, today it got one step further....past the splash screen and allowed me to enter my server choice. When I Hit "OK" it then crashed:

Crashes at Loading most recent profile.....which should be no profile, since I just reinstalled the app.....?

So.....my question is this "missing system.XML file" - is this a Windows file? Or a razor file? UO file? Cause I don't see it in my Razor folders or UO folders......and no idea where to find it in my Windows folders.....I did try "reinstalling .NET 2.0, 3.5 etc.....but 2.0 fails, and tells me my Operating System still has it......so I'm confused.....

And the fact that Paint.NET works....another app that uses .NET Framework, works flawlessly, has me baffled......