RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

||Talon's|| Wall Safe - Fully Working!!!

Sythen

Sorceror
||Talon's|| Wall Safe - Fully Working!!! UPDATED!!!

UPDATED GUMP ART FOR THE WALLSAFE!!!

Hi Everyone: I made the gump art more UO realistic now, with the correct parimeters set for the custom gump. I learned that the picture itself is not enough, artists need to apply the black or white border around the actual picture and play with the alignment of the gumps in order to make them work UO style. Anyway I hope you all enjoy the wallsafe a bit more now since you can utilize the entire gump and not just one area of it. Have Fun!

I also included a script I've had for a while called the CheckBook.cs... this is like a secondary bank box - only its portable. From it you can write checks, deposit gold and withdraw gold. The book holds a maximum of 1 million coins in it, however I have highlighted where you can change that information in the script file. On a side note: the book assigns an owner on first double click so it cannot be used by other players - It is character bound. The reason I included it into this package is because the updated files also include artwork for that script and I think most of you will love it!

Thanks to a script created by ||Talon|| and with his permission I've added a custom gump and added and tweaked the Large Portrait File so now there are two residing in the tiledata.mul file; one is now a container and hued to make it more rustic looking while the other is the original and remains as it always has been.

HOW DO I USE THIS THING??

Simple!
Command: [Add WallSafe
Command: [Add CheckBook

Then place the portrait on your wall and double click it. It secures and/or locks down just like a normal container and even displays the item count inside the picture wall safe.

LETS DOWNLOAD IT!!!

Since this file is large, I didn't upload it to the RunUO boards like we would normally; instead I have uploaded it to a file hosting service and it can be downloaded by clicking this link:

UPDATED GUMP ART FOR THE WALLSAFE!!!

Lockable Wall Safe Download Here This Package Is Lockable But You'll Have To MANUALLY Assign The Blank Keys To Work With The Safe

***Thanks To Lord_Greywolf for assisting with the easiest way to make the wall safe lockable - Much Appreciated***

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HOW TO MANUALLY ASSIGN THE BLANK KEYS TO YOUR SAFE

1. You need to type the command '[Add Key' and then '[Props' the new blank key

2. You will have to link the key to the wall safe portrait by clicking the link toggle and targeting the painting

3. Make sure the key value for the painting wall safe is the same as the key value of the new key you just made.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SO MANY FILES! HOW DO I INSTALL IT?

This patch includes a client patch to replace these files within your Ultima Online Directory

Tiledata.mul | Gumpart.mul | Gumpidx.mul | art.mul | artidx.mul

This patch also includes the 'WallSafe.cs' script file which gets dropped into your custom scripts folder

------------------------------------------------------

A SCREENSHOT OF THIS SCRIPT?!? NO WAY!!!!

<--OLD GUMP | New GUMP-->

*************************EDIT**********************
The Patch IS For The LATEST Client - Version 6.0.11.0 (EA Patch 72)... I only modified these files with the changes above, no other customs were added to these files.

easy fix to make it lockable

it is set to be a basecontainer
not a LockableContainer

change that over and can be made lockable :)

lllTalonlll

Sorceror
this is awsome i want to thank EVERYONE that helped with this thanks guys and as i said anothr way to SHOW TEAMWORK nomatter what shard you play or host on.

lllTalonlll

Miller.

Wanderer
Could this be made an extremely smaller download if there wasn't custom gump art? Wouldn't the Tiledata.mul be the only client-side patch necessary?

And, with these client patches made, can a person still log into other servers?

i am not sure why he is including the gump art patches - those should not have been changed, unless he made a special container for it, and i have found special container gumps, like to mess up and work funky lol

but art.idx & art.mul and tiledata.mul would all have been modified - only because he copied over the painting (he did not need to copy it thuogh)

you could do it with just tiledata, if you editied yourself to just change the origional painting and marked it as a container (normal painting in game will not be effected), and change the itemid's here to match that painting instead of his new pointers

then you would just need to patch tiledat.mul to your players

remember though - do not download and use his titldata, and other patches if you are not patches to osi 6.+ - they might mess you up
alsdo do not download his if you have any other custom art you used at all, because it will be over writen

Sythen

Sorceror
To Answer Your Questions

Miller:
Could this be made an extremely smaller download if there wasn't custom gump art? Wouldn't the Tiledata.mul be the only client-side patch necessary?

Sorry about the installation size, but the largest files there average about 25mb each and they are necessary... those are the tiledata.mul and the art.mul files. The artidx.mul, gumpidx.mul are needed but I am not sure what information goes into those files to be honest, I just know that they patch up along with their counterparts the art.mul and the gump.mul. As for the gump, yes I created a new gump and added it to the file so it would look as if the container was actually part of the wall instead of a chest or a backpack.

So to answer your question: YES all the files are needed and no they couldn't be compressed down any smaller.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jasonntn:
If I install this will I have to patch all my players clients as well?

Yes, the script file needs to be placed into your 'RunUO/Scripts/Custom' folder and the other files need to replace the files of the same name within your UO data directory. Your players will need to patch with those files as well in order to see the new safe because its technically a new graphic even though its picture is the same as the Large Portrait already in the game; I just hued the color a bit differently.:)

Your players shouldnt have an issue patching if you give them the link to the files. Most computers and isp connections now come standard with a cable or dsl connection which can download that patch in less than a few minutes. Just have them download and install the files on their desktop and then copy and paste them into their UO data directory.... those files are all clean, the only mods made were for this safe and include 1 picture/container and 1 new custom gump. Other than that the client files are the most recent for EA's client 6.0.11.0 (patch 72). :D

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Attached are the custom art files I used. If you are interested in this script, but cant replace your own files, then you're free to patch them with this art yourself. The only thing is the art is labeled with the slot numbers used in the tiledata.mul - if you have a picture already taking up that ID slot then you'll want to place the pic in an empty slot, write down its new id somewhere and fill it in the script file so that the script will associate to the new number. Otherwise you might have a hat for a wallsafe. MulPatcher is what I used for the patches.

The reason I kept the large portrait the way it is in the titledata.mul and edited another instance of it to add into the mul under a different slot number was because if I just edited the original Large Portrait, yes it would work as a container but it would also have looked weird for someone who just wanted to use it as a picture because the Large Portrait would always read the container count under the label. It was more personal preference than anything else.

and

Attachments

• New Artwork.zip
    56.6 KB · Views: 84

Miller.

Wanderer
Is there any way to get this to be a working container without the container count? An actual hidden wall safe?

Sythen

Sorceror
Is there any way to get this to be a working container without the container count? An actual hidden wall safe?

Not unless you use a client that is patched to just before EA implemented that display system... Otherwise the container and weight count will always be under the label of any container you create. :p
Although, there might be a way to override the display count and hide it with the addition of some code in the script; but unfortunately I have no clue how to do it. Anything is possible though.

You can hide the weight and container count by downloading the lockable version and assigning a key to it.
Everytime you lock the picture wall safe the weight and container count disappears until you unlock it again.

Hope that helps. ;)

Miller.

Wanderer
Well that's pretty cool (locked container shows no weight/item count). I didn't realize that. It's been awhile since I've had the need for a locked container. :D

Sythen

Sorceror
This script is cool, we have ||Talon|| to thank for that. I think the locked container was a good idea - at least for role players if not for anyone else. ;)

Sythen

Sorceror
This Script Has Been Updated.... Please Read!

*Bump* :eek:

Didn't want multiple posts of this script so I replaced the old files with the new ones. I hope you all enjoy the changes. A description is written at the top of this thread where the file can be downloaded.

Enjoy :)

might want to just post the cs file also, please
for those of use doing the artwork by hand, we do not need to download all of the gump, etc files also - just need the "new art zip" and the cs file :D

Sythen

Sorceror
Hiya Lord_Greywolf

Here is the artwork and .cs file for both the checkbook and safe. :eek:

Attachments

• newartforcheckbookandsafe.zip
    50.3 KB · Views: 74

aremihca

Wanderer
item drop

k got it all reloaded but still has drop issue when i drop a item it goes in but you cant see it if you open the wallsafe and place it in you can see it is there something im overlooking or do i need to completly redo the whole file download again ???

Sythen

Sorceror
hmmmm...

do you mean that if you drop an item on the picture you cant see the item when you open the gump? I've never really tested that aspect of it and since I didnt write the script I can't say how to fix it offhand. I can tell you that the safe was meant for you to open it and then place items into it.

What you're experiencing could be something to do with some sort of refresh rate of sorts. Maybe there is a bug that requires an item to initialize in the gump before is shows and the process for that to happen is too slow. I've had this problem on EA servers which is why I am mentioning it.

OnyxNyte

Wanderer
the idea was not Beawulf's it was lllTalonslll idea and i know this because i am lllTalonlll i cannot remember my password for lllTalonlll and the idea was and always has been mine im just glad to see this is still around and i am going to be using it again.

can someone repost the scripts plz