RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[tellname

[tellname

I want to write a script for a "[tellname" command. That way my players would only see "Human" displayed over other players heads and in paperdolls, unless somebody tells them their name. When introducing yourself you would use [tellname and target the player you are introducing to. Any suggestions? Cause I dont even know where to start. Give me a clue and ill set sail.

Soteric

Knight
Check any command with target after invokation. After you make target you can think about next step.

milva

Sorceror
Might do a search for the [say command script, not sure how much it would help, just a thought

Tabain

Sorceror
Serialize a dictionary in playermobile that stores serial values with the name as the corresponding value. Then wherever the server sends a name display, change the name to the value stored under that serial in the dictionary, or a default if not found.

Then write the [tellname like a normal targeted command, and you can provide an optional argument so people can fake their identity as well, IE, [tellname Santa Claus would make the system think the person's name is Santa Clause for the targeted person.