RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The client rocks, but it's too damn lagged

drakull

Wanderer
The client rocks, but it's too damn lagged

In fact, it just does feels lagged, but i think its another kind of problem... when i walk, the char keeps stopping from time to time, like if it was reading something from the HD or waiting for some response from the server.

I have a fairly good computer (XP Barton 2500+ 512mb RAM)... the problem occurs with smooth movement either On of Off.

Any tips?

Edit: My average ping is about 80ms and this problems does not occurs when using the default client.

Tucheta

Wanderer
thats true, ive also a nice pc.
p4.2.8ghz
512ddr . . .

also lags here in this way

server ping 70 . . .

so must be an issue with krrios client . . . :(

2.6 ghz, 256 ddr and 256 mb radeon 9200, and i don't lag...

must be your cpu configuration and/or drivers and/or directx 9 drivers

drakull

Wanderer
A better graphics card? i have a GF FX 5900... :cool:

I think it has something to do with the ACK command, but i cant use it in this version. :confused:
In fact... there a lot of commands listed in the info browser that i don't see how to use...

Ghilteras

Wanderer
"cpu configuration"? well tell me HOW to configure despite to say only this.

"and/or drivers and/or directx 9 drivers" no all are updated to the last and client still lags

maybe you have to think THERE is some sort of issue in the client rather than incapacity of the users.

psz

Administrator
4 or 5 users have problems.

4 or 5 THOUSAND do not.

Chances are, it's not the client.

weaselboy246

Wanderer
i believe it does sap a whole lot more CPU then the OSI clients. after about 30 minutes the system said it was running low on resources but on OSI clients it doesn't. maybe there is a memory leak in the client?

Ghilteras said:
"cpu configuration"? well tell me HOW to configure despite to say only this.

Disable useless services that eat up precious resources, disable anything that can cause major CPU usage, ie.. windows restore points, check to make sure anti virus isn't constantly scanning when new files are opened, disable visual styles ( big eater of resources ), don't run dozens of other applications at the same time.

Ghilteras said:
maybe you have to think THERE is some sort of issue in the client rather than incapacity of the users.

Afraid not. It works for me and most others just fine.

psz

Administrator
weaselboy246 said:
i believe it does sap a whole lot more CPU then the OSI clients. after about 30 minutes the system said it was running low on resources but on OSI clients it doesn't. maybe there is a memory leak in the client?

It uses far *LESS* CPU than the OSI client (OSI will use upwards of 85%+, KUOC averages about 15-20%)

It DOES, however, use more Ram.

Kiwi

Knight
Krrios knows about a handful of problems but doesn't fix them because he doesn't know how. What an idiot

Kamron

Knight
*Smells a new jerry springer episode*.
Outkast.. dont ban him yet.. i am awaiting for krrios to pwn him :-D He can't talk about our god that way :cool:

XxSP1DERxX said:
*Smells a new jerry springer episode*.
Outkast.. dont ban him yet.. i am awaiting for krrios to pwn him :-D He can't talk about our god that way :cool:

Im waiting to see if there was maybe a misunderstanding or miswording in his statement.

drakull

Wanderer
psz said:
It uses far *LESS* CPU than the OSI client (OSI will use upwards of 85%+, KUOC averages about 15-20%)

It DOES, however, use more Ram.

Well... if it just uses 15-20% CPU in your computer i dunno what is it... because on mine, when i walk/run, it uses 95-100% of the CPU. :eek:

TheOutkastDev said:
Disable useless services that eat up precious resources, disable anything that can cause major CPU usage, ie.. windows restore points, check to make sure anti virus isn't constantly scanning when new files are opened, disable visual styles ( big eater of resources ), don't run dozens of other applications at the same time.

Believe me when i say that the only thing eating up my CPU is the client itself... and... are you saying that 4 to 5 thousand KUOC users do this and 4 to 5 users do not?? It's not a common practice to disable this services, i do it, tho... and i get the problem.

I noted today that when i walk, my ping goes from 70-80 to 250-500... but i believe thats CPU usage's fault. When the char is not moving, cpu usage varies from 15 to 30 tops... when i walk it goes up to 100%.

Last thing to check is the anti-virus stuff... but... why would it happen with KUOC and not with the default client?

Kamron

Knight
Usually, a good antivirus program running in the background doesn't take more than 25KB and 0% CPU. It usually never eats up CPU unless you happen to be opening 300 files at once.

Outkast, I know there was, I just wanted to see where ignorance would take a newbie. ;)