RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The client rocks, but it's too damn lagged

weaselboy246

Wanderer
psz said:
It uses far *LESS* CPU than the OSI client (OSI will use upwards of 85%+, KUOC averages about 15-20%)

It DOES, however, use more Ram.

it does seem to make the computer run slower. must be the RAM... and i'm still wondering why on an Intel Graphics Card in full screen mode, the screen is rotated 90 degrees..... :p

Kamron

Knight
*wonders about weasel*
You sure its not your nVidia drivers that are doing it? I know a few poeple who have set their drivers to tilt 90 degrees on directx usage when in full screen mode, on accident.

Maybe it was OpenGL.... I dunno.

Kiwi

Knight
TheOutkastDev said:
Im waiting to see if there was maybe a misunderstanding or miswording in his statement.

Nope. Krrios is definately stupid

krrios

Administrator
I don't know if the mods have seen this, but Kiwi is an old friend of mine; he's only joking around.

Anyway, you might have better cpu usage when moving by turning off smoothwalk.

drakull

Wanderer
krrios said:
I don't know if the mods have seen this, but Kiwi is an old friend of mine; he's only joking around.

Anyway, you might have better cpu usage when moving by turning off smoothwalk.

I tried it... same problem. :(

Well, i have no idea of what is it, but u have to agree with me that its a problem of the client, not the computer running it. People say thats the problem only with 5 users... come on... there are 5 users showing the problem here at the forum... that not means that every single person that has this problem posts it here. I myself know of 3 more people that tries to use it and can't because of the same problem.

I tried using it again, now that i have a new computer, and i get the same problem i've got back when this version was released and i was on my old P4 1.6Ghz.

And i'm not complaining... not at all, i just want to solve the problem so i can use the client. Right now it isnt playable for me and some others.

psz

Administrator
About the Intel 90Degree problem:

As much as I like Intel MoBos and Procs, their vid cards SUCK.

They've got some really nasty performance hacks in some of the older drivers, too.

Get a real card, and watch the problems go bye bye (Or at least be faster problems ;->)

(And for the record, I long ago stopped taking Kiwi's "insults" to krrios seriously ;->)

weaselboy246

Wanderer
psz said:
About the Intel 90Degree problem:

As much as I like Intel MoBos and Procs, their vid cards SUCK.

They've got some really nasty performance hacks in some of the older drivers, too.

Get a real card, and watch the problems go bye bye (Or at least be faster problems ;->)

(And for the record, I long ago stopped taking Kiwi's "insults" to krrios seriously ;->)

hey, getting a new video card isn't too easy when you have cheap parents.. :p