RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"The other guys are no more?" - faction future?

Rooster2

Sorceror
"The other guys are no more?" - faction future?

Ya know that openblah-blah site that was the official spot to get factions updates from? Well....

It seems to be no more. Which raises a question in my mind of, where will new releases be found? For instance, for B31 or future releases, are we going to be SoL since they didn't want official support to be at here at RunUO? I looked over "the other site it could be at", and there's no faction downloads there, or word of future updates / IE faction future.

I'm sure this is just a rant, and soon they'll (faction support) be around again, but it just got me wondering... Will faction users be stuck at B31 till it's officially part of RunUO?

</useless_rant>

K

Krazy_zack

I love the smell of 'Vaporware' in the morning....

....smells like 'victory'!

Oh and I have B31 Faction system rady to upload to my site (see my sig) I just haven't got aroound to doing it yet....

P

php-junkie

I can see why they pulled it and I can see why they don't want the dev of it on this site. It's because of all the newbies saying, "I got this crash can and that crash can you fix it?"

Rooster2

Sorceror
Sure, I totally understand the no spt. thing here :) I mean, the thread for factions on this site is 18 pages long!!! And this isn't even the "official support site" just users using and trying to help others.. Gos only knows how many pages there were to the offical place.. (never went there, lol). It's a hella project, but way too involved for the simple "I want a shard" hobbyist.

I was just kinda suprised when I went to the site to check for updates and got something like "WEBSITE COMING SOON"! Ack - No more factions updates? Did that panic thing.. Got a test shard with all my scripts hacked into the playermobile just in time for the B31 release, lol.. I'll wait for Zackie to get it up (lol) and snag it there.. Just wondering about the future of that script.

K

Krazy_zack

Well I would say that we all had the last laugh when sly didn't deliver 'as promised' on the 15'th so he packed up and moved out....

I don't think the 'your a lyer sly' arguement has to be 'proven' anymore ;)

Betcha you won't be hearing much from the 'other guys' anymore....

Token

Wanderer
my sister told me to copy and paste exacly what she told me over email.

"Hi everyone I wish I could get on RunUo I miss it already how sad is that. You know what is funny the POSR admin Sly got me banned 8 times from his website. I had to go from computer to computer over and over because I showed everyone the real proof that POSR is just a Posuer. Well I will see you in a week or so. Good luck to everyone at the RunUo website."

thats alll she said. Well buh bye :!:

Phantom

Knight
I will think about doing the updates on the faction scripts.

Any event Sly was not doing them he had other shard admins telling doing the updates/fixes since he never actually played on OSI for very long.

Can we not talk crap about a guy who release something everyone wanted?

Doesn't really matter I heard in the irc channel that soon RunUO will have faction scripts in the release I imagine it will take at least another month ( about how long it took Sly working 24/7 on it ).

S

Seven

I dont think the script is doomed....I think that scince they gave us somthing to work on and improove we can start from there ;)

Rooster2

Sorceror
Well, that's why I asked the question I did, about who's going to be continuing the factions project.. Wasn't trying to smack anyone down or push the doomed button, just stating a question to see if anyone was planning on saying, "Yeah, I'm / we're taking it over".. :rolleyes:

R

Rainman

Phantom said:
I imagine it will take at least another month ( about how long it took Sly working 24/7 on it

If krrios worked on it it would be done before the next release. It is not a horribly complicated system. However, he is working on other things.

Phantom

Knight
Actually Ryan is working on it :)

* We all know he is a little slow :D *

Ryan I am just joking around, don't get upset. Sometimes I wonder if I understand you or not.

K

Krazy_zack

Phantom said:

I didn't want it...

I never used it...

I just downloaded it and then mirrored it so people didn't have to go to the POSR site to get it...

Besides Sly was trying to say that 'he' would have the last laugh 'on the 15th' when he was talking trash about everyone....

...well guess who's laughing now ;)

Quantos

Lord
Has Sly stopped taking his medication again......

Phantom said:

And since Sly took pleasure in talking crap about the dev's here, fair is fair Phantom. Buck up for it.

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
Phantom said:
Actually Ryan is working on it :)

* We all know he is a little slow :D *

Ryan I am just joking around, don't get upset. Sometimes I wonder if I understand you or not.

DIE