RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

the programming

kkjjkk

Wanderer
the programming

why don't y'all switch to delphi instead of C# it handles graphics a hell of alot better

mordero

Knight
well, it started in C#, its been built in C#, the scripts are in C#, the .net framework is a great framework for development. And the server doesnt actually do anything when it comes to graphics, it just sends the packets to the client which does all that.

Jeff

Lord
"Can you guys port RunUO to Boo, it makes cheeseburgers taaste better" woulda been a better argument

kkjjkk

Wanderer
well clearly none of you can read since i said "IT HANDLES GRAPHICS BETTER" meaning, it makes it smoother game-play sharper images. and its what FF11 is built in, so yea, call it crap, since thats what crap is to you.

mordero

Knight
dude, the server DOES NOT handle graphics, AT ALL. It send PACKETS to the CLIENT which renders the graphics. So, it would be POINTLESS to switch.

Kenny164

Sorceror
Sorry dude, I've tried Delphi a couple years back... it sucks balls (round the VB5 era, lol... from 1 bad language to another).

What has FF11 (Final Fantasy??) got to do with anything???

So... yes, we will call it crap like crap is to us (your words)

kkjjkk

Wanderer
y'all have no idea what ur even talking about, clearly uve never made a real game befor only doing dilly-crap scripts for an emulator, http://www.9dragonsonline.com/ this is the game im beta testing and its ALL in delphi script, so if u thinkt hast crap graphics get your eyes check because its better then uo. so please go back to school all of you?

WarAngel

Wanderer
That game looks like crap. You can't compare a 3d game to UO and say "this is awesome, look how much better it looks compared to UO!" Look at any modern 3d game and they looks so much better than that, and none of them are written in Delphi.

Delphi:

Not Delphi:

Delphi: (Nice shadow!)

Not Delphi:

Delphi:

Not Delphi:

wieganka

Sorceror
kkjjkk;634170 said:
y'all have no idea what ur even talking about, clearly uve never made a real game befor only doing dilly-crap scripts for an emulator, http://www.9dragonsonline.com/ this is the game im beta testing and its ALL in delphi script, so if u thinkt hast crap graphics get your eyes check because its better then uo. so please go back to school all of you?

You know what...you come here thinking you know all, and flame the programming language we're using to do what we love...and to that I say FUCK YOU. What fucking nerve you have to come here and tell us we don't fucking know what we are talking about! Go fuck yourself. Most of us here are probably more intelligent than you could ever hope to be. Very mature of you to come and flame a emu that codes in C# just cause you like Delphi. Fuck you, fuck delphi, long live RunUO, long live C#.*Adds you to my ignore list for being a conceited asshole*

Nochte

Wanderer
wieganka;634220 said:
You know what...you come here thinking you know all, and flame the programming language we're using to do what we love...and to that I say FUCK YOU. What fucking nerve you have to come here and tell us we don't fucking know what we are talking about! Go fuck yourself. Most of us here are probably more intelligent than you could ever hope to be. Very mature of you to come and flame a emu that codes in C# just cause you like Delphi. Fuck you, fuck delphi, long live RunUO, long live C#.*Adds you to my ignore list for being a conceited asshole*

You see--I thought about adding him to my ignore list as well...but he says some pretty funny shit.

By "funny shit," I of course mean "he makes himself look like a dumbass, and it's funny."

Kenny164

Sorceror
Wieganka is a lil harsh, but has a point!

You cannot just come waltzing into a developers community expecting them to change their coding language to suit you, especially if you havn't even got prominent proof on how Delphi is better than C#.

At least tell us how you think Delphi is better, then the proof can come (which doesn't exist btw)

Another thing you don't seem to have a concept on is how remote servers do not render graphics for all their clients (LOL)... You could of at least posted this in the PlayUO section... although, ya still woulda got laughed at.

HellRazor

Knight
kkjjkk;634170 said:

Seems to me that the guy who doesn't know what he's talking about is the guy who can't tell the difference between a server (doesn't handle graphics) and a client (handles graphics).

Gee which one do you think RunUO is?