RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

the time cube (this guy is nuts)

S

soundwav

the time cube (this guy is nuts)

http://www.timecube.com/

this guy is nuts but his site is an interesting read once you get past the crap he keeps rambling on about.

based on his idea you could have a day that lasted for ever cause think about how manny times you can cut a sphere in half all the different angels its endless cause it all depends on how big of a point you want to start with.

Aenima

Wanderer
I started reading that.... then I got past two sentances, looked at the size of the scrollbar and closed it.

L

Lost User

The 4 corner quadrant Earth
has 4-24 hour simultaneous
Days within a single rotation
of Earth - as if 4 different
Worlds with 4 separate Days.

It must point out that there are actually an infinite number of 24-hour simultaneous days in a rotation of the earth, due to one being able to divide the world into an infinite number of meridians, all of which experience sunup, etc, at different points in time.

"You don't know shit about shit! AND PULL UP YOUR PANTS!" - Denis Leary (God I love that quote.)

"You know what I'm gonna do? I'm gonna get myself a 1967 Cadillac El Dorado convertible. Hot pink! With whaleskin hubcaps, and all leather cow interior and big brown baby seal eyes for headlights. Yeah! And I'm gonna drive around in that baby at 115 miles per hour, getting 1 mile per gallon, sucking down quarter pounder cheeseburgers from McDonalds in the old fashioned non-biodegradable styrofoam containers. And when I'm done sucking down those greaseball burgers, I'm gonna wipe my mouth with the American flag, and then I'm gonna toss the styrofoam containers right out the side, and there ain't a god damned thing anybody can do about it, you know why? Because we got The Bomb, that's why. Two words, nuclear fucking weapons, OKAY?"

L

Lost User

It must point out that there are actually an infinite number of 24-hour simultaneous days in a rotation of the earth, due to one being able to divide the world into an infinite number of meridians, all of which experience sunup, etc, at different points in time.

"You don't know shit about shit! AND PULL UP YOUR PANTS!" - Denis Leary (God I love that quote.)

"You know what I'm gonna do? I'm gonna get myself a 1967 Cadillac El Dorado convertible. Hot pink! With whaleskin hubcaps, and all leather cow interior and big brown baby seal eyes for headlights. Yeah! And I'm gonna drive around in that baby at 115 miles per hour, getting 1 mile per gallon, sucking down quarter pounder cheeseburgers from McDonalds in the old fashioned non-biodegradable styrofoam containers. And when I'm done sucking down those greaseball burgers, I'm gonna wipe my mouth with the American flag, and then I'm gonna toss the styrofoam containers right out the side, and there ain't a god damned thing anybody can do about it, you know why? Because we got The Bomb, that's why. Two words, nuclear fucking weapons, OKAY?"

S

soundwav

Shadowlord said:

thats my point exactly

L

Lost User

Good thing I'm not a mathematician then. *looks back at his program*

Yep, the Enterprise is still fooling the klingon ship by flying off the top of the screen to get to the bottom, waiting for the klingons to turn around, and then flying back off the bottom to the top again. It seems to be doing it to buy time to recharge its shields.

*mumbles about having made the enterprise TOO smart*

P.s. Nevermind that you don't know what I'm talking about. It's been doing it for the past 5 minutes, and either I made it take too long to recharge shields, or... Eh.

L

Lost User

*scratches his head and wonders how he managed to make two identical posts 20 minutes apart, and what's more, why he only noticed just now*

TikiTorchBob

Wanderer
That guy actually got speaking time at MIT. Heh. I think he's full of crap, and the site is a 'trick'. It sort of brainwashes you, I read the whole thing and I couldn't compose a coherent sentence for 5 minutes after :x

Xenon

Wanderer
Hahahahaha! Someone finally found Ray Gene's Time Cube theory!

I read this two years ago and laughed so much that I emailed the guy a picture of a fruitcake.

G

Gimmick

I think his theory is interesting. But what it is is absolutely no different from what's happening now... know what I mean? His theory is just something we might have never thought of, but it simply doesn't seem like it changes anything.

We recognize how the hours are different throughout the world yet he speaks about how we're ignorant. His theory is interesting but it doesn't prove anything.

But that's just my two cents.

Lifedragn

Wanderer
shadowlord already said what I was thinking when I read his theory. Every point on earth experiences sunup and sundown at unique times. We do not have only 4 time zones, in which if we did, it would still rise at a different times in countries like france and spain. I think the guy is just seeing how far he can take this, either that or he is truly a nutcase. Who else types that much of the same thing on one page?