RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

think this is right spot - SVN/RC updates

think this is right spot - SVN/RC updates

I would like to make a suggestion that every 100 SVN's that a new RC update be put out

this seams like a normal progression for it
so at 100 RC2 would be released
at 200 RC3 etc until 2.0 final is released

this way - there are semi steady updates to the program as it gets more and more stable
keeps people (other than developers) helping to find new bugs
something to look forward too
and also helps to keep people from asking when is it coming out, etc etc

do not need a bug/change report with it, just the new RC placed out for download
(the change report would be a nice bonus though :rolleyes: )

Peoharen

Sorceror
I would be happy if I could just download the SVN without spending 7 hours doing it. (by clicking on each and evey file vs a single zip)

If my dreams you can run a patch like program to auto update your runuo (disto only) based on what was recenetly added to the SVN compaired to your last patch up.

Ok, I admit it. I don't dream of a patching runuo program. I dream of naked women. But if I did dream about a RunUO that was not already updated to UO:UG, UO:TNG, and UO:SW I am sure it would have a patch program in it.

(uo underground for dwarves, uo the next generation for star ships, uo star wars to add light sabers, the force, and clones)

Malaperth

Wanderer
If you're using the Tortoise software recommended (I think that's the name), you should just be able to "Import" the entire codebase (or maybe it's Export, can't remember).

i kust used the "check" out feature on it and pointed to the directory i wanted and it did it all from there for the downloading

and from i was reading in the tortose, i can also click on a spot in the and say update and it will check for new files also and download them

1. http://tortoisesvn.net/downloads
2. Install the version of that program for your os's architecture( 32bit, 64bit ).
3. Create a new folder someplace, leave it empty.
4. Right click the folder, select svn checkout.
5. Enter http://svn.runuo.com/repos/runuo/devel/ as the url when prompted for the repo url.
6. Click ok. Watch as it downloads.
7. Enjoy.

Steps should be accurate, i may have be lax in a spot but it should get you the lastest svn.

[Edit]Periodically to ensure you are up-to-date, right click the folder, select svn update. If theres a change, youll get it.[/Edit]

Kenny164

Sorceror
hmm, i just rightclick the folder and goto 'Update SVN'... Export is used to save it to another folder without the hidden .svn folders, Import is to add a file or folder to the SVN (to be send to RunUO's SVN server. Understandably we havn't got the permissions for that :p)..

U can run 'svn update' from the commandline (while in that folder) if u dont use Tortise.

**Edit: heres a link to the other post (#10) for my very simple batch file (which updates the svn and compiles it)...
http://www.runuo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76351

Kenny164

Sorceror
Peoharen said:
I would be happy if I could just download the SVN without spending 7 hours doing it. (by clicking on each and evey file vs a single zip)
LOL! I didn't even notice... Just in case ur not joking, You can get them all automaticly by using the checkout command and keep them updated using the Update command using either the command line or another GUI program called Tortoise SVN

Mark

Knight
We definately need another release, there are a lot of important updates in SVN and we keep the repository stable.

stormwolff

Knight
Mark;709904 said:
We definately need another release, there are a lot of important updates in SVN and we keep the repository stable.

Yup you are doing a great job with the SVN. I personally love the chance to get updates along the way. The SVN builds have been very stable for me.

greywolf79

Sorceror
I am now downloading the latest SVN (or at least the one on that link)... I was just wondering if it needs to be compiled or is already compiled? If it needs to be compiled is it just a c# compiler I need?

GreyWolf.

stormwolff

Knight
greywolf79;710344 said:
I am now downloading the latest SVN (or at least the one on that link)... I was just wondering if it needs to be compiled or is already compiled? If it needs to be compiled is it just a c# compiler I need?

GreyWolf.

You would either need to compile what is in the server folder yourself or get an already compiled version from somebody like the one from Arte Gordon he keeps up pretty well with the updates.

XMLSpawnerFan -> Latest RunUO 2.0 server - rev 238

If you want to compile your own this is a good guide:
http://www.runuo.com/forums/faq-forum/70781-easy-how-compile-new-server.html

I use VS C# 2005 Express Edition to compile.

Mark says you can compile it with just the .net framework in this topic:
http://www.runuo.com/forums/server-support/85088-last-clean-svn.html