RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This game has turned pretty global.. Let's get an ingame translator.

Iraq-

Sorceror
Hey all, I'm running a server and I've just been noticing the amount of overseas players that come to the servers.. I've been answering pages in a multitude of languages consulting Google Translator frequently..

Since I can't possibly be the only one facing this, I think it'd be really awesome if the RunUO community could look into combining a Language Translator that would automatically convert some of the other languages said over a chat system, or just regular world chat to a user-defined Language.

I'm not sure how difficult of a task this would be, and clearly not all translations would be perfectly orchestrated, but it would bring the server communities together in a way not yet achieved..

-Servus

_Epila_

Sorceror
Since RunUO have speech handlers, changing the text said will not be a problem
The problem will be how to code a translator or attach one compatible with c#
Here is a link of how to use the babelfish translator with c#. the problem here is that it uses the online translator and may cause some lag