RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This is going to be good!

S

Stinger

This is going to be good!

I just wanted everyone out there to know this is a really cool group of guys who are dedicated to their work! This is gunna take off to be an awesome app. I cant wait to see the first beta!

C

Chaos

Ive seen the program in action in a test server environment, and even though some stuff wasnt implemented yet, the lag was completely non-existent!

This is going to be what I run LoC on, FOR SURE.

S

Stinger

I dont know much about the C# and .net stuff, but is this server going to be cross platform? mainly linux and bsd?

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
This does run under Linux using Mono. However it has not been tested extensively and is not supported.

Mike_McBrien

Wanderer
Hopefully by using C# as the scripting language it should be very helpful in keeping the "not so smart" people from trying to script... thus only decent scripts will produced and let out into the world.

But i do feel sorry for those ppl who can script well but cant afford C# (VS.net) to be able to script. Does anyone know if C# has a free compiler on the net for those not so lucky types?
(I dont need it, just a comment)

I

Iain

Mike_McBrien,

The compilers for all of the .NET products are all available for free. You do not need Visual Studio to code in .NET (although it is much easier using it). If you want the compilers, just download the .NET SDK

Here is a link to DL the SDK

Click here for .NET SDK

Keep in mind that the SDK is 131Meg