RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Title Bar customization: How they do it?

ZehMan

Page
Hi,

I'm writing a c++ program that should do the same kind of Title Bar customization as Razor but I can't find how it is done:

Does anyone know how to do it? I can only change the title bar text via SetWindowText but found no way to change the text color or add icons in the winapi. Everything I found in my searches were about changing the text content and no further customization.

Maybe this belongs in the general programming section...

Thanks!

LightShade

Sorceror
Not sure if this is what you want in the coloring of the text or not, at least there is a way for Razor users to do this:

Color - Used to color Title Bar text in any color you want, using an HTML style 6 digit hex number. Use the code in the following manner: HTML hex color code: '~#rrggbb' ('~#~' to terminate)
For the purpose of example, I want to change the color of my hp display to orange.
I would use the following code to do so: ~#FF6600 {hp}/{hpmax} ~#~
The '~#FF6600' tells Razor to color everything between it and the '~#~' to an orange color, the color orange selected by the six digits, FF6600. The '~#~' tells Razor to stop coloring.

As for specific "Icons", if they are in the UO Client, you can add them. Use a program called InsideUO to find the specific ID's and add them in with Razor.

-L/S

LightShade

Sorceror
Looks like you figured out how to do code this, but here's how to do it in Razor for those wanting to figure it out.

**If you want files from outside of the UO Client Files, you will need to use a program like Mulpatcher to update the UO Client .MUL files, then you will need to follow these steps.

In order to add an icon from the UO Client files, do this:

Find the program "InsideUO"...or find the item in-game with Razor and target it.

Using InsideUO:

Search for your Item in the Artwork Section of InsideUO.

Select the item so you can see its ID.

In this example, we're adding Purple Potions to better track your Explosive Needs.
As you can see, Purple Potion has a "Model No." of 3853 and a name of Purple Potion.
This is the information we need to Customize UO's Title Bar.

Razor:

In Razor, navigate to the Displays/Counters Tab and Click on the "Add..."
Button on the bottom left.

This will bring up this box:

Enter in the appropriate information from InsideUO:

Notice that in the "Format:" box I put in "pp" for Purple Potion.
This abbreviation can be whatever you want it to be, but it is important to
remember it for the following steps as it is what Razor uses.

Click "Okay".

Now you need to check the Check Box to include it in the Title Bar:

Next, you need to go over to the Text Box on the right where it says: "Title Bar Display".
In this box you will need to add {pp} to tell Razor to Display Purple Potions in your title bar.
Again, this is whatever you entered in the "Format:" box above.

Now you should start to see Purple Potions in your Ultima Online Client Title Bar. Enjoy!

-L/S