RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TM Skill System (version 2)

TMSTKSBK

Lord
Ok so the deal is the control center is buggy as all get out. And there is a known bug that's BACK somehow (I don't know! :cries: ), about the skill tickets and disabling ticket use.

I am commited to finding out what is causing this bug...I'm somewhat annoyed by it, since I've fixed it THREE TIMES ALREADY >_<, and it keeps coming back. I'm pretty sure it is fixed already in 3.0, and I just forgot to "fix" it for this release...

This will all be fixed when I release 3.0 (hopefully within the month), which includes a modular control panel. (Took me a while & help/ideas from Phantom, A_Li_N, and TheOutkastDev to get it...). Basically, the new control panel does or doesn't allow setting dynamically, depending on what is "installed". All plugins will now "register" themselves with the TMSS Core upon server startup. Then, the core tells the plugins what to refer to themselves as, and registers them in an array of strings. What does this mean to you? Easier to use control center with fewer bugs.

For me, it also really simplifies the apply methods, since it calls either the core (my core, not runuo core) or a plugin's apply method. This allows me to distribute the saving/setting/other fun stuff that goes on in the control gump, and not have one MASSIVEFILEOFDOOM, but several sub-methods, which are called from the ControlCenterGump. Anyhow. Yeah. Exam in morning. I'm going to bed.

TMSTKSBK

Lord
3.0 Initial Release Schedule:
11-12-05 (this will be beta 1)
Final release date:
11-29-05
Beta Tester Release:
11-22-05
ShardPack 3.0 Release:
11-22-05

Want to beta test? Let me know. This is also the core code release for TM System Framework. (New project.)

TMSTKSBK

Lord
dude.

I just finished the control center for TMSS 3.0 -- the distributed one. My gosh this is sweet. It works perfectly, and it looks awesome. I love it!

*cries with joy*

Now I just have to script in the plugins for the addons to TMSS...

TMSTKSBK

Lord
Due to some major bugs I've run across (basically, the skill gumps don't work >_< ), I'm pushing back 3.0's release to beta. RTB will probably be this weekend. Release with SP R2 stands, though.

I'm taking this time to go through and really clean up the code for the skillstones, skill gumps, skill tickets, etc. Hopefully this will result in a more stable and easy-to-debug system.

(One of the hard parts of this is making sure that I don't lose any features :confused:...)

Trippinx

Wanderer
Whenever I use the center stone to try and set my stat cap to 255 I get a error.

Problem Parsing summat 601

Anyone know how I can fix this?

TMSTKSBK

Lord
That's why >_<. You can fix it by setting the stat cap in the SkillSettings.cs RunOnce method before running the TMSS for the first time. Obviously you've run it at least once. Therefore, you need to delete the "skillsave.tms" file from the TMSS folder in the RunUO directory.

TMSTKSBK said:
Ok so the deal is the control center is buggy as all get out. And there is a known bug that's BACK somehow (I don't know! :cries: ), about the skill tickets and disabling ticket use.

I am commited to finding out what is causing this bug...I'm somewhat annoyed by it, since I've fixed it THREE TIMES ALREADY >_<, and it keeps coming back. I'm pretty sure it is fixed already in 3.0, and I just forgot to "fix" it for this release...

This will all be fixed when I release 3.0 (hopefully within the month), which includes a modular control panel. (Took me a while & help/ideas from Phantom, A_Li_N, and TheOutkastDev to get it...). Basically, the new control panel does or doesn't allow setting dynamically, depending on what is "installed". All plugins will now "register" themselves with the TMSS Core upon server startup. Then, the core tells the plugins what to refer to themselves as, and registers them in an array of strings. What does this mean to you? Easier to use control center with fewer bugs.

For me, it also really simplifies the apply methods, since it calls either the core (my core, not runuo core) or a plugin's apply method. This allows me to distribute the saving/setting/other fun stuff that goes on in the control gump, and not have one MASSIVEFILEOFDOOM, but several sub-methods, which are called from the ControlCenterGump. Anyhow. Yeah. Exam in morning. I'm going to bed.

TMSTKSBK

Lord
bah! you don't use this!

Anyhow...
The answer is "well", and "not really". The other half of that is that nothing crashes (yet), and that I need to write a few more methods before turning it loose upon the general public.

update...
got alphabetization working.

titan0051

Wanderer
I tryed using this system, and in the process of learning how, i messed something up to the point, where every time i log in my admin character, my shard crashes..

I added skillstone, and skill ticket, prop's the ticket, and set myself to owner..

Had a problem getting all the skills i selected to raise to 100 (yes i changed the number of skills and skillcap)

So i deleted the stone, and from then on, i cant log in with that character.

Heres the crash logs:

Code:
Server Crash Report
===================

RunUO Version 1.0.0, Build 36918
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600.0
.NET Framework: 1.1.4322.573
Time: 12/12/2005 12:06:06 AM
Mobiles: 4725
Items: 69196
Clients:
- Count: 1

Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Knives.Chat.PmNotifyGump.BuildGump()
   at Knives.Utils.GumpPlus.NewGump(Boolean clear)
   at Knives.Chat.PmNotifyGump..ctor(Mobile m)
   at Knives.Chat.ChatInfo.OnLogin(LoginEventArgs e)
   at Server.LoginEventHandler.Invoke(LoginEventArgs e)
   at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.DoLogin(NetState state, Mobile m)
   at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.PlayCharacter(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns)
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice()
   at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

Seems to be some conflict with knives chat system.. I dont think it was his script though because i didnt use it at the time of the crash.

I logged in with a new admin character, to see a message from knives chat saying something about a chat error, and after i delete the "Infected" admin character the error is gone, and no problems seem to be present..

I dont know if i can duplicate this crash because i dont know exactly how i did it.

But if someone else has this problem, the crash logs may be of some help to you or them.

Cheers

~Mortak

P.S. Im still having a problem getting the stone to set all the skills i select to 100..
My shard skillcap is 10000 in the script, and should be able to set 10 skills to 100.
i select the 10 skills i wish, and it sets only 3 of them to 100, but when i select 10 skills randomly on the first page of skill selection, it sets them all perfectly, (who wants a character with 100 camping/taste ID) ect.. ect... :D

On Closer inspection - i get a message saying "Bad Values in Skill Nums" when i try to select cirtain skills.

TMSTKSBK

Lord
Aha! A bugmaster!

Thanks for all the info. I like it when people report bugs, instead of just flying off the handle.

For the PMNotifyGump, I dunno what's going on. TMSS doesn't do anything with OnLogin, nor does it interface with Knives' Chat in any way.

For your second problem, I must say hmm. I presume you're using the latest version, right? I thought it worked :confused:...guess I was wrong. Do you remember the exact skills you were attempting to set?

The beta of TMSS 3 will be out in a few days. *hopefully* I will have all that fixed (everything is changed in 3). To that end, bear with me for three more days.

This is also to say that:

TMSS 2.0 Support Cycle Status is in Phase-Out.

Kamron

Knight
Your original thread post tells me nothing of what it actually does... And I dun have time to take a look at it. Anyone care to give me the jist of what this does?

All I can tell is that its a skill/stat system, and you just put in a control stone... ehh?

titan0051

Wanderer
The exact skills i was trying to set are:

Anatomy / Magery / Med / Focus / Fencing / Poisoning / Tactics / Eval / Resist / Parry

Hope this helps.

And Spider, yeah, its a Skill system, which when working properly *nudge nudge, wink wink* allows players to set their skills/stats in a very easy way.

Although, for some *me :D* its not so easy . lol

His second post describes it much better than the first .. :)

Kamron

Knight
Well I keep reading it, and I get the feeling that its a weird concept... (useless?) I know this is a personal opinion... I also fear that regardless, I won't have a use for this, but I would like to know what this does.

Maybe I am not understanding how it works. Its basically a system where you drop skill in the form of tickets. Or players can get skill in other ways. Like skillballs... but like champion deeds (except not for the skill cap, instead for the actual skill).

Right, wrong? I am very confused as you can see.

TMSTKSBK

Lord
It's a start system (in very simple terms). Put a skillstone in your start area, and have tickets drop on new players. They use the tickets, and get skills and stats according to the settings the shard has in place.

You can configure the number of skills, the value to set them to, the sum of the stats, and so on. TMSS 3 (coming soon), will allow you to customize which skills are available on a particular skill stone.

TMSTKSBK

Lord
END OF LIFECYCLE NOTICE:

TMSS 2.0 Is now deprecated. The End of Lifecycle release is TMSS 2.2, which is no longer distributed. I request that you switch to TMSS 3.0, found here. I will support TMSS 2.0 problems only for 2 weeks from today (ending 12-27-05). Sorry for the inconvenience.