RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TM Skill System (version 2)

cuy782002

Wanderer
Erica said:
all i did tho was add this line in red and works i tested on a new regular character

Code:
PackItem( new RedBook( "a book", m.Name, 20, true ) );
			PackItem( new Gold( 1000 ) ); 
			PackItem( new Dagger() );
			PackItem( new Candle() );
		        [COLOR="Red"]PackItem( new SkillTicket( m ) );[/COLOR]
                }

o thinks Erica thats all i needed is just to see it in actions im a visual learner:eek:

Raider

Wanderer
TMSTKSBK said:
--TM Skill-Stat System ( v2.0.2 [ 1 ] )
for RunUO 1.0

!!--BUGFIX INFORMATION--!!
We've found and fixed a few bugs. For details, see the Changelog at the bottom of this post.
Please redownload the pack in order to see if any bugs you encounter have already been fixed.

!!--Current Version--!! v2.0.2r1 updated: 8/15

GOAL OF THIS SYSTEM: To offer admins the most flexible way of setting skills and stats available for RunUO.

If you use this script, please post and tell me how you use it, and how you may use - or wish to use - it in the future. This will help me develop better skill solutions for the RunUO Community.Just wanted to tell you that if a player let say loses connect like most do when on phoneline or power went out when they log back on while they had skill gump up they lose the ticket cause lost connection i would suggest if you can look into this also just an idea be nice if you added it without the ticket and added skillcap to stone so no one cane keep getting more skills .

Why use TMSS 2.0?
TMSS is the only system currently available that allows admins to implement skill & stat setting for both the new player and the veteran, while keeping a wide array of options open to each shard. TMSS is easy to tailor to your shard, with options for only allowing new players to use it, allowing new and old players to use it from different portions of the system, and for giving out skills and stats as rewards.​
What can I do with TMSS 2.0?
TMSS2.0 allows you to administrate a shard-wide system for the rapid setting of skills and stats. The system's settings can easily be changed to fit your shard's needs, whether the shard is PvP, PvM, RP, or any custom format. If you need something for your shard that TMSS does not offer (related to skills and stats), feel free to ask me for it.
System Key Features:
  • Fast & Easy Deployment
  • Central Control
  • Single-System Stat and Skill setting!
  • Robust Options
  • New features still being added!
  • Easy - to - Use
  • Expandable
  • Lightning Support
  • Customizable to fit any shard's style of play.
  • Easy to script "Application Extensions"
  • Requests Honored
Current Application Extensions:
  • Beta levels 1-5, 5 being rock solid, 1 being just released.
  • Stats only stone for PvP shards. (Post 12) [beta 4]
  • Skill-checking moongate. (Post 61) [beta 1]
  • Standalone Tickets. (distro) [beta 2]
  • ControlCenter Gump for the system. preview (100% v2.5) [beta 1]
  • CenterStone: Used to access ControlCenter. (distro) [beta 3]
  • Standalone Tickets: Tickets that do not need a skillstone, and are simply serialized to a player. (100% v2.5) [beta 2]
Application Extensions Being Developed:
  • In-game customizable SkillGates. [100% v2.5] (closed beta)
  • "Buyable" Skills & Stats [100% v2.5] (closed beta)
  • Individual Skill Caps [25% v3.0] (in alpha)
  • Exporter for Skill-Stat Gate information [0% v3.0]
  • Incremental Skill Tickets (.5 to 1% of a skill) [0% v3.0]
  • Better Standalone Tickets [0% v3.0]
  • Simple Skill/Stat System (similar to 1.0) [0% v3.0]
INSTALLATION:
Remove any TMSS 1.0 files you may have on your shard, and then place the files in your "custom" directory.

SUPPORT INFORMATION:
Do not modify this system, except in the places where it says you may (SkillSettings in areas). I will not support modified files.

First post here. If I do not respond within 24 hours, email: [email protected]. I will respond to email received for support, provided you did post here first.

Support website is here. You must register to post problems.

Contact Info for BUGS:
Two options:
email me at the above address^
or
PM me on RunUO.com/forums
or
visit me at:
http://www.csquarenet.net/forum/

Credits:

I would like to thank the following people:

For help and support on v2.1
FainneRoisin -- lending me her power adapter.
A_Li_N -- helping me unkink my brain on arrays.
Phantom -- allowing me to totally rip the Giga Spawner save file.

For help and support on v2.0
ArteGordon -- technical stuff
daat99 -- input and technical stuff
Khaz -- for input and support
M. King -- input & inspiration for some of the options.
Phantom -- input and helping RunUO forums members since...when.

For help and support on v1.0
jjarmis -- technical stuff
sirenssong -- technical stuff

v's 1 & 2
Kokushibyou -- input, critiquing, mental support

I would like to thank the staff & players of Ageless Dawn 2
for ideas and support...and finding a bunch of bugs in 1.0...

Staff:

Kokushibyou
Mindy
James
Sable

Changelog:
6-25-05 - Version 2.0 RC0 (original release)
6-27-05 - Version 2.0c Announced.
6-29-05 - Version 2.0 Rolled Out.
7-05-05 - 100+ d/ls.
7-08-05 - Bug Reported/Fixed in SkillGumps.cs. v2.0.1r0
7-11-05 - Bug Reported/Fixed in SkillStone and SkillTicket.cs. Simple setting was not working. Thanks, BeneathTheStars - v2.0.1r1
7-23-05 - Bug Reported/Fixed in SkillStone -- new feature not added. Thanks, Grashopr. 200+ d/ls v2.0.1r2
7-29-05 - Bug Reported/Fixed in ControlCenterGump -- problem with setting. Thanks, orpheus. - v2.0.2r0
8-08-05 - 300+ d/ls
8-15-05 - Fixed bug in SkillGumps that would allow players to have up to 100 points over the desired amount, due to special skills gained at charactercreation. Thanks, Erica. v2.0.2r1
8-31-05 - 500+d/ls

File Info:
The .zip is the system itself, with all necessary pieces. I am discontinuing the individual file release to keep everyone on the same page.
Just wanted to say lets say a player has phoneline or lost power while skill gump up and when they log back in since they didn't finish picking there skills they lose the ticket might want to look into this .Also would be and idea if you added this without the ticket option and add a skill cap on the stone so if you have the stone set 15 skills at 100 and edited the skill cap in character creation they won;t be able to keep going over that 15 skill they picked just an idea tho

Erica

Knight
Raider said:
Just wanted to say lets say a player has phoneline or lost power while skill gump up and when they log back in since they didn't finish picking there skills they lose the ticket might want to look into this .Also would be and idea if you added this without the ticket option and add a skill cap on the stone so if you have the stone set 15 skills at 100 and edited the skill cap in character creation they won;t be able to keep going over that 15 skill they picked just an idea tho
Raider he knows this already i had talked to him hes going to updated so no worrys just wait till he gets the update .

TMSTKSBK

Lord
Yeah...my official tester (Erica) kinda told me about this. My no-ticket option is buggered, too...I'm working on this as a Level 1 error (i.e. doesn't crash, but isn't good)

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. You will be rewarded with +karma. All two points of it...

poetawd

Wanderer
I´m sorry, but how do i set how hard is to get the skill up?: and stats???

thnx

will thsi script help me with this ????

TMSTKSBK

Lord
errrr...do you mean increasing/decreasing how fast you gain skills/stats? In that case, no, this system will not help you.

TMSTKSBK

Lord
Raider said:

This bug has been fixed. Please refer to the Skill System support forum at www.csquarenet.net/forum for more info.

nomad707

Knight
Great script. I like it alot. I am using it now on my shard and it is very flexible. If i come across any bugs or suggestions, ill drop you a line.
Great work and thanks for the contribution to the Runuo people!

endwolf

Sorceror
SSHelpGump.CS?

- Error: Scripts\Items\Custom 2\Utilities\ContextMenus.cs: CS0246: (line 47,
column 26) The type or namespace name 'SSHelpGump' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Any Ideas?

TMSTKSBK

Lord
heh. Forgot a file. This one and the one on the front page are the same. Secondly, you can just redownload the Core.zip and it will work.

Attachments

• HelpGump2.cs
    1.6 KB · Views: 6

TMSTKSBK

Lord
I released the wrong thing...again >_<

It sux to have a dev version and a release version...

Sorry folks, but here's the right version...I think.

I'm sure Erica/Raider will let me know if it's wrong :p

Aereth

Wanderer
Problem with center stone

I'm new to shard building and I may just not be doing it right, but I can't seem to get the center stone to work. I placed it with "[add centerstone" then I tried to use the gump that pops up. The first time I forgot to enable central control, and tried to change the skill page to set 4 skills at 80. When I hit "apply" it said "problem parsing shardname" and when I went back into the gump, the skill value was still 80 but the number of skills had been changed to -1. I put in a shardname, enabled central control, reset the value to 4 and applied again, but it did the same thing. I think it the "enable central control" function did work, because I got an error using the skill stone until I turned it off. I deleted all the files and redownloaded and reinstalled, and it still did it.

I can change the values applied by the skill stone by using "[props" on the skill stone itself, and since I only have one, that's not a problem. I still would like to be able to use the center stone if I can, though. Any idea what may be causing this to happen? Thanks for your help. Overall, I love the script!:)

TMSTKSBK

Lord
sadness...that's why the control center is in beta :p

Thanks for the detailed description.

I'm going to implement a totally new control gump soon...

Ok. So the deal is, the control center gump is sending the right values to the wrong places...which results in breakage.

The fix for the system doing the same thing over and over is the save file. You can fix that. Open up your RunUO folder. There should be a "TMSS" folder inside it. Within THAT folder, there's a file called "skillsave.tms". I don't recommend doing this on a regular basis, but you can reset to "factory defaults" by deleting that file. The system will then re-generate the default values. That would be in the how-to for 2.1...if I had written it. 2.1 is much more involved than 2.0...so it's several levels of complexity harder for me to keep up with. I'm sorry for all these bugs. Bear with me as I work 'em out!

Aereth

Wanderer
So I could have just deleted that file instead of reinstalling the whole thing. I read something about doing that in reference to a different problem, but I didn't think to try it. The skill stone works when you turn off central control, whether you fix the bad values in the center stone or not.

Don't apologize, it's a great script and there are bound to be things that come up. That's what we are for. We are your beta testers!

Thanks for your help.