RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Total Newb Starting Shard

phoo

Sorceror
the frequently asked questions has a ton of helpfull information about how to fix the basics of your shard. the first thing is ... you will need to edit scripts ... lots of edits.. so crack your knuckles and get ready :) trust me if an idiot like me can do it you will be elite someday sooner than you think... to make your shard public you edit the scripts\misc\serverlist.cs file it has instructions inside on how to edit it. and again the FAQ has alot of examples that will help... that is as far as i can help for now .. others can help point to other FAQ's that can help with the website thing.

Phantom

Knight
Amanda said:
Hello all i have had a test shard running for about a month now and also have a website but my questions are first how do i get it to go public and also how do i connect my website to my shard? Please someone help!

Its already public

What exactly do you mean connect it to your shard?

If you want your welcome to place your shard on the UO Gateway list. Follow the instructions for UO Gateway ( on the website for it ) and you should be able to add your shard.

In the future I suggest you do some research before asking questions. Might help with understanding people better instead of asking questions you don't even understand.

ERm.... I'm new as well, and have a bit of a problem. And yes, I did use the search. I didn't find anything that worked.
No matter what I do, this is my problem:

EVERY shard I try to get into, (including my own) gives me the error message "This server is not using a valid uo client!"

What should I do?! :confused: :confused:

psz

Administrator
Get the latest UOGateway (1.9.1258)

This question has been answered numerous times.

storm332

Wanderer
the personall attacks on phantom need to stop... considering he answers all of your questions... so what if he is a dick about it... he has the right to be... he helps you he should be able to to do it in what ever fashion he wants. on top of that, you have no clue what its like to be yelled at sworn at about RunUO projects and things of that sort... so lemme ask you this... Who do you think you are?? seriously...

Before you go asking questions read the tutorials, read the forums on UO Gateway....

Phantom

Knight
storm332 said:
the personall attacks on phantom need to stop... considering he answers all of your questions... so what if he is a dick about it... he has the right to be... he helps you he should be able to to do it in what ever fashion he wants. on top of that, you have no clue what its like to be yelled at sworn at about RunUO projects and things of that sort... so lemme ask you this... Who do you think you are?? seriously...

Before you go asking questions read the tutorials, read the forums on UO Gateway....

I am not a dick, I am forward

Big difference.

I am yelled at for being forward, I am not going let people walk over me.

Walk over me is making me give them information I don't think they need to have or should figure out themselfs.